Jenna Wolf and Jennifer Elisa Chapman are the recipients of LLAM’s Grants to attend the 2019 AALL Annual Meeting & Conference in Washington, D.C.
Jenna is a part-time MLIS student in the University of Kentucky’s online MLIS program and an employee at the Montgomery County Circuit Court Law Library. She will start her last semester this summer and hopes to have her degree conferred in September.
Jennifer is a legal research fellow at University of Maryland, Carey School of Law’s Thurgood Marshall Law Library and a member of AALL and LLAM. This fall, she will be an MLIS student at the University of Maryland, College Park, College of Information Studies.
Please join us in congratulating Jenna and Jennifer on their grants!
LLAM members gathered at Westminster Hall in Baltimore for the 2019 Spring Fling and Officer Installation and enjoyed a fajita bar lunch buffet, catered by Zannino’s. Thank you to Simon Canick for planning this event!
Jason Hawkins thanked the 2018-2019 Board Members, Committee Chairs, and members for their contributions to LLAM, and announced LLAM’s newly elected officers for the 2019-2020 year. In LLAM’s April election, Chi Song was elected Vice President/President Elect, Tanya Thomas was elected Treasurer, and Bijal Shah was elected as a Board Member.
Simon Canick, incoming President, also addressed the group and provided a brief teaser for the upcoming year. This includes the LLAM Dine Around on Saturday, July 13th and LLAM’s Legal Research Institute on Friday, October 11th. Watch this blog and your email for additional information about both events!
Jason Hawkins passes the lamb to Simon Canick, incoming LLAM President.
This past Friday, May 10th, LLAM members volunteered at the Maryland Food Bank. It was spring outside, but winter inside as LLAM members put on their hats, gloves, and coats to sort frozen foods in the Food Bank’s Warehouse Temperature Room.
Over 665,000 Marylanders face food insecurity, including over 205,000 children. The Maryland Food Bank sources and distributes food as well as engages in outreach programs. Learn more about volunteering with the Maryland Food Bank.
You are cordially invited to LLAM’s Spring Fling and Officer Installation!
Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
Time: 12:30 – 2:30pm
Location: Westminster Hall (Maryland Carey School of Law), 519 West Fayette Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Parking: Garage parking is available.
Food: We will be serving a hot fajita bar from Zannino’s. Drinks and desserts are included. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.
Purchase tickets with a credit card online OR send a check, payable to “LLAM,” to Chi Song, Maryland State Law Library, 361 Rowe Blvd., Annapolis, MD 21401.
RSVP to Simon Canick (SCanick@law.umaryland.edu).
Please join LLAM for a morning of volunteering at the Baltimore Branch of the Maryland Food Bank. We will be sorting and packing donated meats in the Food Bank’s Warehouse.
Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
Time: 8:45am to 12:00pm
Location: Maryland Food Bank, Baltimore Location – 2200 Halethorpe Farms Road, Baltimore, MD 21227
Parking: Free parking is available on site.
RSVP: Space is limited. Please RSVP to Pat Behles (email@example.com).
- All volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes.
- It may be cold in the warehouse, please bring a jacket or sweatshirt.
- Volunteers must be able to stand up for three hours and lift up to 25 pounds.
- If your family and friends are joining us, note that there are minimum age requirements.
The March/April 2019 issue of AALL Spectrum features a leader profile of LLAM’s own Adeen Postar, Director of the University of Baltimore Law Library. Through this profile, “Rising to the Challenge,” Adeen Postar describes her journey to becoming a library director. She also shares reflections on law librarianship, professional development, legal education, and involvement with AALL.
Check out the article!
Join us for LLAM’s March Program, A Chapter Visit and Lunch with AALL Immediate Past President, Greg Lambert. Greg Lambert is the Chief Knowledge Services Officer at Jackson Walker LLP, and was the president of AALL from 2017 to 2018, culminating with last summer’s Annual Meeting in Baltimore. Chapter visits provide an opportunity for members of local chapters to hear about national initiatives and share suggestions and concerns about issues confronting the profession and the Association.
Lunch will be served, and following the program there will be tour of the Maryland State Law Library’s Special Collections.
This program will be of interest to all LLAM members. We hope to see you there!!
- Date: Friday, March 29, 2019
- Time: Noon to 1:30 p.m.*
Maryland State Law Library
361 Rowe Blvd, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Directions and Parking: Information on directions and parking is available at: https://www.lawlib.state.md.us/aboutus/directions.html. Note that the building is under construction, but the main entrance is open.
- Entry Requirements: The Maryland State Law Library is located in the Robert C. Murphy Courts of Appeal Building. All visitors must pass through a security checkpoint before entering the Maryland State Law Library.
- RSVP: To RSVP, contact Chi Song (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday, March 26, 2019. Please note any dietary restrictions you may have!
* LLAM Board Meeting. The day of the program, Friday, March 29, 2019, there will be a LLAM Board Meeting at the Maryland State Law Library from 11 a.m. to noon. All LLAM Board Members and Committee Chairs are asked to attend.