The 112th AALL Annual Meeting & Conference is around the corner, and we hope to see many LLAM members there. This year’s conference is at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. The conference runs from July 13th to July 16th.
Join us for the LLAM Dine Around on Saturday, July 13th, at 7:00pm at Espita Mezcaleria! Space is limited, so please RSVP to Chi Song (firstname.lastname@example.org / 410-260-1441).
If you find yourself wandering the Exhibit Hall, take a moment to check out LLAM’s display board in the Activities Area.
Also, check out these LLAM Member Programs.
LLAM Display Board – Exhibit Hall, 2019 AALL Annual Meeting & Conference
Join us for the LLAM Dine Around during the 2019 AALL Annual Meeting & Conference!
Date & Time: Saturday, July 13th at 7:00 p.m.
Location: Espita Mezcaleria, 1250 9th Street NW, Washington, DC, 20001
Menu: The restaurant’s menu is available online.
Directions: The restaurant is a short walk from the Convention Center. Exit the Convention Center onto 9th Street. The restaurant is located across the street, at the corner of 9th St NW and N St NW.
RSVP: Space is limited. Please RSVP to Chi Song (email@example.com).
Friends and family of LLAM members are welcome to join us.
You are cordially invited to LLAM’s Spring Fling and Officer Installation!
Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
Time: 12:30 – 2:30pm
Location: Westminster Hall (Maryland Carey School of Law), 519 West Fayette Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Parking: Garage parking is available.
Food: We will be serving a hot fajita bar from Zannino’s. Drinks and desserts are included. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.
Purchase tickets with a credit card online OR send a check, payable to “LLAM,” to Chi Song, Maryland State Law Library, 361 Rowe Blvd., Annapolis, MD 21401.
RSVP to Simon Canick (SCanick@law.umaryland.edu).
Please join LLAM for a morning of volunteering at the Baltimore Branch of the Maryland Food Bank. We will be sorting and packing donated meats in the Food Bank’s Warehouse.
Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
Time: 8:45am to 12:00pm
Location: Maryland Food Bank, Baltimore Location – 2200 Halethorpe Farms Road, Baltimore, MD 21227
Parking: Free parking is available on site.
RSVP: Space is limited. Please RSVP to Pat Behles (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes.
- It may be cold in the warehouse, please bring a jacket or sweatshirt.
- Volunteers must be able to stand up for three hours and lift up to 25 pounds.
- If your family and friends are joining us, note that there are minimum age requirements.
Join us for LLAM’s March Program, A Chapter Visit and Lunch with AALL Immediate Past President, Greg Lambert. Greg Lambert is the Chief Knowledge Services Officer at Jackson Walker LLP, and was the president of AALL from 2017 to 2018, culminating with last summer’s Annual Meeting in Baltimore. Chapter visits provide an opportunity for members of local chapters to hear about national initiatives and share suggestions and concerns about issues confronting the profession and the Association.
Lunch will be served, and following the program there will be tour of the Maryland State Law Library’s Special Collections.
This program will be of interest to all LLAM members. We hope to see you there!!
- Date: Friday, March 29, 2019
- Time: Noon to 1:30 p.m.*
Maryland State Law Library
361 Rowe Blvd, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Directions and Parking: Information on directions and parking is available at: https://www.lawlib.state.md.us/aboutus/directions.html. Note that the building is under construction, but the main entrance is open.
- Entry Requirements: The Maryland State Law Library is located in the Robert C. Murphy Courts of Appeal Building. All visitors must pass through a security checkpoint before entering the Maryland State Law Library.
- RSVP: To RSVP, contact Chi Song (email@example.com) by Tuesday, March 26, 2019. Please note any dietary restrictions you may have!
* LLAM Board Meeting. The day of the program, Friday, March 29, 2019, there will be a LLAM Board Meeting at the Maryland State Law Library from 11 a.m. to noon. All LLAM Board Members and Committee Chairs are asked to attend.
Tuesday, February 5th
Maryland Library Legislative Day is an opportunity for LLAM members to join other librarians and library supporters across the state to build support for Maryland libraries! This is our chance to connect with our elected delegates and senators to advocate for library issues.
8:00am – Continental Breakfast and Current Issues Briefing
Anne Arundel County Circuit Court Library
Enjoy breakfast, compliments of LLAM, as the Maryland Library Association’s legislative panel briefs participants on current library issues and talking points for senator/delegate visits. Briefing packets will be provided.
9:30am – Senate and House Delegation Visits
State House (walking distance from Anne Arundel County Circuit Court Library)
Connect with your local delegation to visit your elected delegates and senators.
5:30pm-7:30pm – Legislative Reception
Senate Office Building, President’s Conference Center
The Legislative Reception is an opportunity to mix and mingle with legislators and other officials.
Joan Bellistri, Director of Anne Arundel County Public Law Library: (410) 222-1387
Update: This program was recorded. You may watch the program here.
Join us for LLAM’s first program of 2019, Negotiating Contracts with E-Resource Vendors, featuring Erica Owusu, Acquisitions & Licensing Coordinator for the University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI) Library Consortium. USMAI is a consortium of 17 libraries at universities and colleges in the State of Maryland.
Ms. Owusu will provide practical advice and strategies for engaging in constructive negotiations with electronic resource vendors. This program will be of interest to library managers, technical and electronic resources librarians, and other librarians or information professionals that work with e-resource licensing and acquisition.
This is a BYO Brown Bag Lunch Program. We hope to see you there!*
*A LLAM Board Meeting will precede the program, from noon to 1:00 p.m, in the same location as the LLAM program. A virtual meeting option will be available (details to follow).
- Date: Thursday, January 24, 2019
- Time: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Location: Thurgood Marshall Law Library, Room 4403, University of Maryland Carey School of Law, 500 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. Room 4403 is located on the fourth floor of the Library. Visitors may ask for directions to the room at the User Services Desk at the main entrance to the Library.
- Parking: Visitors may park in the Baltimore Grand Garage, 55 N. Paca Street, Baltimore, MD, 21201, which is directly across the street from the Law School. The parking fee is $7 for one hour or $9 for two hours. Street parking is also available for a fee.
- Identification Requirements: Law School visitors are required to show photo identification to enter the building. Acceptable forms of identification include driver’s licenses, passports, military identification, or staff identification from a University System of Maryland institution.
- RSVP: To RSVP, contact Jason Hawkins at (jhawkins @ law.umaryland.edu) by Thursday, January 24, 2019.