You are cordially invited to join your fellow LLAM members at Nick’s Fish House in Baltimore, Maryland for the 2019 Holiday Party and Silent Auction! Family, friends, and non-LLAM members are welcome.
- Date: Thursday, December 12, 2019
- Time: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Venue: Nick’s Fish House, 2600 Insulator Drive, Baltimore, Maryland 21230. The event will be held on the restaurant’s second level Marina Deck.
- Price: $30/person
- Purchase online through LLAM’s online store.
- Pay by check by sending a check made payable to “LLAM” to Chi Song, Thurgood Marshall State Law Library, Robert C. Murphy Courts of Appeal Building, 361 Rowe Boulevard, Annapolis, MD 21401.
- Menu: A dinner buffet will be served with crab dip, house salad, horseradish encrusted salmon filet, sliced steak marsala, herb pesto pasta, seasonal vegetables, roasted potatoes, and coleslaw. The buffet also includes freshly baked cookies and brownies. Soft drinks, coffee, and tea will be served. A cash bar will be available during dinner. If you have any dietary restrictions, please contact Chi Song (email@example.com).
- Parking is available on-site.
- RSVP Deadline: Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or purchase tickets online by Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
Do you have a donation for the Silent Auction? Then please contact Chi Song (email@example.com) or Jessica Mundy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please contact Chi Song (email@example.com) or Jessica Mundy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Learn how to better serve library customers with physical and mental disabilities with Erin Kelly of the Enoch Pratt Free Library/State Library Resource Center. This program will discuss potential barriers to service, review best practices for providing high quality customer service to all, and introduce resources to expand knowledge and promote accessibility in library spaces. After the program, join us for a tour of the State Archives!
Date/Time: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 12:00pm to 1:00pm (tour begins at 1:00pm)
Location: Maryland State Archives, 350 Rowe Boulevard, Annapolis, MD 21401
Directions & Parking: Parking is available on-site. Information about directions and parking is available on the State Archives website.
RSVP: Please RSVP to Chi Song (email@example.com).
Food: Light Refreshments will be served. Please feel free to bring your own lunch.
A LLAM Board Meeting will precede the program, from 11:00am to 12:00pm.
The 112th AALL Annual Meeting & Conference is around the corner, and we hope to see many LLAM members there. This year’s conference is at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. The conference runs from July 13th to July 16th.
Join us for the LLAM Dine Around on Saturday, July 13th, at 7:00pm at Espita Mezcaleria! Space is limited, so please RSVP to Chi Song (firstname.lastname@example.org / 410-260-1441).
If you find yourself wandering the Exhibit Hall, take a moment to check out LLAM’s display board in the Activities Area.
Also, check out these LLAM Member Programs.
LLAM Display Board – Exhibit Hall, 2019 AALL Annual Meeting & Conference
Join us for the LLAM Dine Around during the 2019 AALL Annual Meeting & Conference!
Date & Time: Saturday, July 13th at 7:00 p.m.
Location: Espita Mezcaleria, 1250 9th Street NW, Washington, DC, 20001
Menu: The restaurant’s menu is available online.
Directions: The restaurant is a short walk from the Convention Center. Exit the Convention Center onto 9th Street. The restaurant is located across the street, at the corner of 9th St NW and N St NW.
RSVP: Space is limited. Please RSVP to Chi Song (email@example.com).
Friends and family of LLAM members are welcome to join us.
You are cordially invited to LLAM’s Spring Fling and Officer Installation!
Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
Time: 12:30 – 2:30pm
Location: Westminster Hall (Maryland Carey School of Law), 519 West Fayette Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Parking: Garage parking is available.
Food: We will be serving a hot fajita bar from Zannino’s. Drinks and desserts are included. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.
Purchase tickets with a credit card online OR send a check, payable to “LLAM,” to Chi Song, Maryland State Law Library, 361 Rowe Blvd., Annapolis, MD 21401.
RSVP to Simon Canick (SCanick@law.umaryland.edu).
Please join LLAM for a morning of volunteering at the Baltimore Branch of the Maryland Food Bank. We will be sorting and packing donated meats in the Food Bank’s Warehouse.
Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
Time: 8:45am to 12:00pm
Location: Maryland Food Bank, Baltimore Location – 2200 Halethorpe Farms Road, Baltimore, MD 21227
Parking: Free parking is available on site.
RSVP: Space is limited. Please RSVP to Pat Behles (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes.
- It may be cold in the warehouse, please bring a jacket or sweatshirt.
- Volunteers must be able to stand up for three hours and lift up to 25 pounds.
- If your family and friends are joining us, note that there are minimum age requirements.
Join us for LLAM’s March Program, A Chapter Visit and Lunch with AALL Immediate Past President, Greg Lambert. Greg Lambert is the Chief Knowledge Services Officer at Jackson Walker LLP, and was the president of AALL from 2017 to 2018, culminating with last summer’s Annual Meeting in Baltimore. Chapter visits provide an opportunity for members of local chapters to hear about national initiatives and share suggestions and concerns about issues confronting the profession and the Association.
Lunch will be served, and following the program there will be tour of the Maryland State Law Library’s Special Collections.
This program will be of interest to all LLAM members. We hope to see you there!!
- Date: Friday, March 29, 2019
- Time: Noon to 1:30 p.m.*
Maryland State Law Library
361 Rowe Blvd, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Directions and Parking: Information on directions and parking is available at: https://www.lawlib.state.md.us/aboutus/directions.html. Note that the building is under construction, but the main entrance is open.
- Entry Requirements: The Maryland State Law Library is located in the Robert C. Murphy Courts of Appeal Building. All visitors must pass through a security checkpoint before entering the Maryland State Law Library.
- RSVP: To RSVP, contact Chi Song (email@example.com) by Tuesday, March 26, 2019. Please note any dietary restrictions you may have!
* LLAM Board Meeting. The day of the program, Friday, March 29, 2019, there will be a LLAM Board Meeting at the Maryland State Law Library from 11 a.m. to noon. All LLAM Board Members and Committee Chairs are asked to attend.