LLAM Committees are entrusted with handling the administrative and creative responsibilities that keep an organization vital. For more information on committee functions and tasks, please see the LLAM Guidelines available on the Procedures Manuals webpage. LLAM also maintains a separate list of past committee chairs and members.
Committee Descriptions and Members
- Communications and Technology
- Government and Vendor Relations
- Special Committees
The Archives Committee identifies, acquires, organizes, preserves and publicizes materials in all formats relating to LLAM history. These materials include official correspondence, publicity materials, updates to procedures and by-laws, meeting minutes, financial records, contracts, insurance policies and other related LLAM documents. The Committee makes these materials available to its officers, members and the general public as appropriate. Archive materials are housed at the Thurgood Marshall Law Library at the University of Maryland Law School Law Library in Baltimore.
- Julia Viets, jviets @ mcccourt.com (Co-chair)
- Joe Neumann, jneumann @ law.umaryland.edu (Co-chair)
Communications and Technology
The Communications and Technology Committee manages all aspects of LLAM’s information distribution to members and the public. The Committee manages LLAM’s website, as well as large-scale communications using various media.
- Jenny Rensler, jrensler @ law.umaryland.edu (Chair)
- Jason Hawkins, jhawkins @ law.umaryland.edu
- Chi Song, ctsong00 @ aacounty.org
Government and Vendor Relations
The Government and Vendor Relations Committee serves as a liaison for LLAM and its members to government entities and vendors. The Committee monitors issues and legislation, keeps members informed and promotes the concerns of Maryland law libraries.
- Joan Bellistri, library @ circuitcourt.org (Co-chair)
- Mary Jo Lazun, Mary.Jo.Lazun @ mdcourts.gov (Co-chair)
The Grants Committee collects applications for annual LLAM grants to the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) annual meetings, and selects recipients. The number, amount and deadlines for LLAM grants may vary from year to year. The Committee may be convened to distribute other special LLAM grants, as needed. The committee also chooses the recipients of the AALL registration grant.
- Joanne Colvin, jcolvin @ ubalt.edu (Chair)
- James Gernert, james.gernert @ ssa.gov
- Bijal Shah, bshah @ ubalt.edu
The Membership Committee recruits and retains the LLAM membership.
- Pat Behles, pbehles @ ubalt.edu (Co-chair)
- Sara Whitman, switman @ gfrlaw.com (Co-chair)
The Nominations Committee is responsible for locating potential LLAM Board candidates and operating elections in cooperation with the LLAM Secretary.
- Kate Martin, kmartin @ mcccourt.com (Chair)
- Susan Herrick, SHerrick @ law.umaryland.edu
- Sara Witman, switman @ gfrlaw.com
The Placement Committee gathers job postings of potential interest to LLAM members and to other law library staff in Maryland.
- Tonya Baroudi, TEBaroudi @ co.pg.md.us (Co-chair)
- Vickie Yiannoulou , vyiannoulou @ co.pg.md.us (Co-chair)
The Programming Committee is responsible for scheduling educational programs and social events for the LLAM membership and, occasionally, for other audiences.
- C.J. Pippins, capipinsII @ law.umaryland.edu (Chair)
- Jessica Mundy, jessica.mundy @ mdcourts.gov
- Julia Viets, jviets @ mcccourt.com
Special committees (such as the bylaws or budget committees) are established and their members are appointed by the LLAM President. Special committees are task-oriented and of limited duration.