This program has been canceled. We hope to reschedule for a future date.
Program Description: In today’s libraries, librarians engage in transformational rather than merely transactional customer experiences. Through discussion and hands-on activities, this program explores how RUSA’s professional guidelines for reference services help staff provide consistent high quality customer service. The class also explores challenging behavior during customer interactions. From confusing situations to disgruntled customers, this training offers strategies to manage and diffuse a variety of difficult interactions. It also provides self-care tips to help you manage your stress level during and after tough interactions. Attendees will have the opportunity to deconstruct their own challenging customer service scenarios in a safe and supportive environment. A one-hour tour of the Central Library will follow the program at 2:00pm.
- Date: Friday, March 20, 2020
- Time: The program will be from 12pm to 2pm. A one-hour tour of the Central Library will follow the program from 2pm to 3pm.
- Location: Poe Room, Central Library, Enoch Pratt Free Library, 400 Cathedral Street, Baltimore, MD
- Parking: Parking information is available here. Parking around the library is city-controlled. A list of nearby parking garages is available here.
- Light Refreshments will be provided. Please feel free to bring your own bag lunch.
- RSVP: Please RSVP to Jessica Mundy (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
A LLAM Board Meeting will precede the program, from 11:00am to 12:00pm. All are welcome to attend the board meeting.
Questions? If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Mundy (email@example.com).