Update: This program was recorded. You may watch the program here.
Join us for LLAM’s first program of 2019, Negotiating Contracts with E-Resource Vendors, featuring Erica Owusu, Acquisitions & Licensing Coordinator for the University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI) Library Consortium. USMAI is a consortium of 17 libraries at universities and colleges in the State of Maryland.
Ms. Owusu will provide practical advice and strategies for engaging in constructive negotiations with electronic resource vendors. This program will be of interest to library managers, technical and electronic resources librarians, and other librarians or information professionals that work with e-resource licensing and acquisition.
This is a BYO Brown Bag Lunch Program. We hope to see you there!*
*A LLAM Board Meeting will precede the program, from noon to 1:00 p.m, in the same location as the LLAM program. A virtual meeting option will be available (details to follow).
- Date: Thursday, January 24, 2019
- Time: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Location: Thurgood Marshall Law Library, Room 4403, University of Maryland Carey School of Law, 500 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. Room 4403 is located on the fourth floor of the Library. Visitors may ask for directions to the room at the User Services Desk at the main entrance to the Library.
- Parking: Visitors may park in the Baltimore Grand Garage, 55 N. Paca Street, Baltimore, MD, 21201, which is directly across the street from the Law School. The parking fee is $7 for one hour or $9 for two hours. Street parking is also available for a fee.
- Identification Requirements: Law School visitors are required to show photo identification to enter the building. Acceptable forms of identification include driver’s licenses, passports, military identification, or staff identification from a University System of Maryland institution.
- RSVP: To RSVP, contact Jason Hawkins at (jhawkins @ law.umaryland.edu) by Thursday, January 24, 2019.