Join us on Wednesday, November 16th at 2pm for an amazing behind-the-scenes tour of the National Agricultural Library Special Collections.
Before the tour, LLAM will hold a board meeting and bagged lunch at 12:30pm and then Kirstin Nelson will give attendees a brief introduction to the NAL and her work.
The NAL Special Collections houses rare books, manuscripts, drawings, films, photographs, and posters related to the history of agriculture and the USDA. Highlights include gorgeous flora watercolors, Thomas Jefferson correspondence, and rare books from the 18th and 19th centuries.
Learn more about the Special Collections at https://specialcollections.nal.usda.gov/
- Date: Wednesday, November 16th
- Board meeting & bagged lunch: 12:30pm
- Tour: 2pm
- Location: National Agricultural Library, 10301 Baltimore Ave, Beltsville, MD 20705 (right at I-95 and 495 – directly across the street from Ikea)
- Map and transportation options: https://specialcollections.nal.usda.gov/visit-special-collections
- Parking: Free parking is available at the rear of the building
- Entry procedures: Enter through main door at the front of the building. Register at security desk and present your photo ID and bag for inspection. Tell security you are there for the LLAM meeting and someone will come to meet you.
- RSVP: Space is limited, so reserve now! Email Julia Viets, Programming Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)