Position: Archives Technician
Location: National Archives and Records Administration
Salary: $42,870 – $55,736
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration. This position is in the Special Media Division Office of Research Services. Incumbent performs non-professional, quasi-professional, and technical work that supports access to archival holdings, physical and intellectual control over records. The incumbent will perform a broad range of functions including processing, arranging, describing, digitizing, preserving archival records, and providing reference services support.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-7. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
As an ARCHIVES TECHNICIAN, you will:
- Provide reference service including reference search, re-file, interfile, copy, scan and redact information in various filing systems.
- Arrange records according to established criteria and/or reviews records to provide input on how series of records should be arranged.
- Assist archivist with preservation and rehabilitation projects.
- Assist and prepare general description work and online catalog descriptions according to NARA lifecycle standards.
- Assist in accessioning and disposal of all record types, digitizing archival records and creating descriptive metadata under the guidance of an archivist or archives specialist.
Location: Provost Cost Center for the Nimitz Library, U.S. Naval Academy
Salary: $64,957 – $102,166
Originally posted on the SLA Career Center.
You will serve as a ARCHIVIST in the PROVOST COST CENTER FOR THE NIMITZ LIBRARY at the U.S. NAVAL ACADEMY.
- You will appraise and evaluate archive records for retention based on their informational and historical value.
- You will advise organizational leadership in the development of solutions for confronting irregular challenges.
- You will arrange the documents within functional or organizational categories in alphabetical, chronological, numeric, subject, or other order
Position: Supervisory Librarian (Branch Chief)
Location: National Institutes of Health
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
Join the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Library Leadership Team in Bethesda, MD as Chief of the Educational Services Branch. Oversee services including outreach, training, and evidence synthesis. Collaborate to develop and deliver high-quality information services to researchers and policymakers across the NIH’s 27 Institutes, Centers, and Offices, also supporting HHS offices working to enhance public health and advance science. View this Introduction to the NIH Library.
If you have experience leading information services and instruction in a clinical or biomedical research setting and want to play a significant role in an essential, future-focused organization, then consider joining the NIH Library team. This opportunity will be available on USAJOBS.gov for ten calendar days in June. The application period reflects the NIH’s effort to hire talented people quickly.
The NIH is the world’s largest medical research facility, and we are seeking applications from exceptional candidates for the Biomedical Supervisory Librarian position at the NIH Library (Office of Research Services, Division of Library Services):
Supervisory Librarian (Branch Chief) GS-1410-14 FPL 14 announcement; dates: 06/02/2023 -06/12/2023
Merit announcement: # NIH-ORS-MP-23-11956801 and link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/727571500
DE announcement: # NIH-ORS-DE-23-11956433 and link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/727572500
- Oversee and supervise the Educational Services Branch functions including policies, procedures, goal setting, priorities, and strategic planning
- Serve as a member of the Library’s Leadership Team, championing a culture of inclusion
- Plan, direct, and evaluate the work of biomedical librarians and other specialists in the Branch
- Manage outreach and other scientific and medical information consulting activities
- Ensure delivery of dynamic instructional programming that includes information management education and end user training
- Direct evidence synthesis services, including systematic reviews
- Promote library services and resources by meeting with key contacts across the NIH to raise awareness of the NIH Library’s services and resources
For more information on the NIH Library, visit https://www.nihlibrary.nih.gov/.
A full package of Civil Service benefits is available including retirement, health and life insurance, long-term care insurance, leave, and a 401k equivalent savings plan. This position is eligible for workplace flexibilities, including telework and alternative work schedules. For more information, see https://hr.nih.gov/working-nih/workplace-flexibilities.
This position is subject to a background investigation.
The NIH is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and employment programs.