Position: Library Technician
Location: Nimitz Library, Naval Academy
Salary: $50,643 – $72,907
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
You will serve as a LIBRARY TECHNICIAN in the Systems & Materials Processing Department in the Nimitz Library of NAVAL ACADEMY.
GS-08 Salary Range: $56,086-$72,907
GS-07 Salary Range: $50,643-$65,831
- You will perform cataloging/metadata primarily using the Library’s enterprise information system and a cloud-based metadata collaborative (OCLC).
- You will manipulate records for a wide variety of library materials in various formats, including but not limited to, streaming media, digitized primary sources, born electronic material, and a variety of periodicals/serials continuously used.
- You will approve invoices within the Library’s enterprise information system and coordinate payment with Nimitz, Academic Cost Center, and Comptroller financial personnel.
- You will utilize interlibrary borrowing/loaning information system to obtain research materials and/or lend material to other researchers upon request.
Position: Regional Manager
Location: Baltimore County Public Library
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
Under the general direction of the Chief Customer Experience Officer, provides operational, strategic and administrative leadership to one service region (Western, Central or Eastern). Works collaboratively with other Regional Managers to ensure the provision of high-quality, customer-focused library services, operational continuity and efficiency, effective allocation of resources and consistency within and across branches and regions. In collaboration with and in support of administrative staff, advises, recommends, develops, plans for and implements public service policies, organizational initiatives and strategic priorities. May represent BCPL through active involvement with external committees and partners.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, develops and coaches Library Managers in assigned region
- Guides and supports Library Managers in development, coordination and implementation of branch and system goals, strategies and work plans. Works in collaboration with Library Managers within assigned region to study branch data analytics and community demographics, gain an understanding of community needs, evaluate branch performance and community impact and identify opportunities for enhancement or improvement
- Provides direction and counsel to branches within assigned region on all aspects of operations, including facilities, provision of services, quality of service, addressing customer complaints and interpretation and compliance with policies. Responds to and resolves escalated customer service inquiries and issues
- Provides oversight and guidance, in alignment with Human Resources, on personnel training and performance in branches within assigned region
- Reviews and approves large purchase requests from branches within assigned region
- Provides support to Chief Operations Officer and Library Manager during branch renovation and building projects
- Facilitates regular meetings of Library Managers, Assistant Library Managers, Circulation Services Managers, and other key positions
- May recruit, train, supervise, develop and coach Security Coordinator
- MLS from an ALA accredited school
- Comprehensive knowledge of library operations acquired through eight (8) years of progressively responsible work experience in a public library
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience
- Have or be able to secure Maryland State Department of Education Professional Librarian Certification
- Must have access to transportation, as needed, to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, including meetings, events and activities at other branch locations or offsite
- Must be able to use computer for extended periods of time