Position: Resource Management Librarian
Location: The Catholic University of America School of Law
Originally posted on LLSDC Job Listings.
The Judge Kathryn J. DuFour Law Library at The Catholic University of America School of Law seeks applicants for the position of Resources Management Librarian. This is an ideal job for an ambitious librarian, ready to join an experienced, and collegial team that is committed to reimagining library services for our patrons. The successful candidate will help lead the migration project to a new ILS (Alma), while actively supporting law school programs, co-curricular activities and faculty scholarship. The position offers generous vacation, holiday and retirement benefits, in addition to flex time and work from home opportunities.
- Administers and manages the Law Library’s Sierra integrated library system (ILS) and any future ILS and discovery platforms. Serves as the Law Library’s project lead in its migration to the Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC) Alma ILS and Primo discovery service, and coordinates and oversees Law Library staff training on the new systems.
- Participates in the development and administration of the Law Library budget.
- Manages electronic resource access and authentication, including EZProxy and any authentication systems shared with the University.
- Performs complex cataloging tasks and bibliographic problem-solving. Manages batch loading of catalog records. Establishes guidelines and procedures for authorities maintenance and database quality control.
- Coordinates the selection, acquisition, de-selection and other aspects of collection development for the library.
- Assists with digital initiatives, including the law school’s institutional repository, Scholarly Commons, the creation and maintenance of specific LibGuides, and other digital projects.
Please see the full position description here.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited institution is required.
- Two (2) years experience in a library (law library preferred) in a technical/collection services department. Two years of experience with multiple modules of an ILS (Innovative Interfaces preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of technical services applications in a law library, including cataloging, legal acquisition policies, law serials control and government document maintenance.
- Working knowledge of cataloging practice and standards including MARC and RDA.
Apply now! Please attach a cover letter with salary requirements (salary expectations are considered as part of the application process). All applicants must support The Catholic University of America’s mission and vision. The position will remain vacant until filled.