Position: Librarian – RC2
Location: McLaughlin Research Corporation
Originally posted on the SLA Career Center.
The Librarian will maintain library collections of books, serial publications, documents, audiovisual and other materials and assists groups and individuals in locating and obtaining materials.
Responsibilities will include:
- Furnish information on library activities, facilities, rules and services.
- Explain and assist in use of reference sources, such as card or book catalog or book and periodical indexes to locate information.
- Issue and receive materials for circulation or use in library.
- Assemble and arrange displays of books and other library materials.
- Maintain reference and circulation materials.
- Answer correspondence on special reference subjects.
- Compile lists of library materials according to subjects or interests.
- Select, order, catalog and classify materials.
This position is contingent upon contract award
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, innovative, and proactive.
- Bachelors Degree in Library Science
- Must be able to successfully obtain an Active Security Clearance – Secret Level.