Position: Supervisory Librarian (Law)
Location: U.S. Department of Justice
Salary: $126,233 – $164,102
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division (JMD), Library Staff’s mission is to provide a leadership role in meeting the information needs of the Department of Justice. The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction and guidance in one or more library locations or to a major library system program. The Staff provides a complete range of library and related information services to the Offices, Boards, and Divisions and other DOJ organizations.
- Supervises a team consisting of Librarians (Law) at the full performance level performing professional, librarianship work and contractors.
- Provides direction of operations and guidance in one or more library locations or to a major library system program, in order to provide an effective program of user/public awareness of library programs and services.
- Performs the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised.
- Serves as an expert in the organization, development and implementation of multiple projects involving the Library Staff.
- Responsible for planning, initiating, establishing, and maintaining professional relationships in order to further DOJ libraries resource sharing initiatives and to coordinate cataloging and digitization workflows.
- Provides research, training, analysis, and expertise to attorneys and professional staff in all practice areas of the Department of Justice.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the position description.
Position: Manager of Research Operations
Location: Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Full vacancy announcement available on AALL Career Center.
- Serve as part of the department’s management team to develop and support the centralized model, recommending goals, policies, and standards.
- Supervise, evaluate, and develop Research Operations staff.
- Oversee operations firm-wide, including development of the integrated library system to serve as a client-facing tool, acquisitions and billing, cataloging, serials and circulation control, and collection maintenance.
- Collect and report on Unit metrics.
- Participate in the development of the budget and tracking of expenses
- Partner with others to evaluate the need for products, resources, and services.
- Serve as a liaison to the Finance department
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a position, please contact us at PillsburyWorkday@pillsburylaw.com.
A bachelor’s degree is required. A master’s degree in Library Science (MLS) is preferred, or a master’s degree in another specialty may be considered in lieu of the MLS. A minimum of 5 years research experience in a law firm library may be substituted for the master’s degree. A minimum of two years of management experience is required, preferably involving centralized technical services.
The successful candidate will have a strong customer service orientation, the ability to lead, develop and motivate staff, knowledge of integrated library systems, preferably EOS; strong analytical skills; well developed and professional interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to work manage vendor relations; ability to work as a team player; ability to manage time well and prioritize effectively. Proficiency in PC applications, including MS Office, Adobe and Excel are required. Knowledge and proficiency with research tools used in a wide variety of practice areas is required.