Position: Research Librarian
Location: Nixon Peabody LLC
The Research Librarian is responsible for a wide variety of tasks that support the delivery of firm-wide library research & information services including: conducting timely and cost-effective research and document retrieval upon request; recommending appropriate research services and/or resources in response to inquiries from firm personnel. Remote work flexibility is available for employees within a commutable distance from a Nixon Peabody LLP office.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; Long Island, NY; New York, NY; Rochester, NY; Albany, NY; Manchester, NH; Washington, DC; Providence, RI; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA
- Provide high-level legal and business research to attorneys and staff in a wide variety of practice areas using both print and online resources.
- Demonstrate ability to handle litigation research, including finding cases and secondary materials related to specific fact patterns in a variety of jurisdictions.
- Perform due diligence research on plaintiffs, experts, defendants and corporate entities.
- Develop knowledge of research in multiple practice areas and jurisdictions, including growing specialization in one or more subjects, and attendance at relevant practice group meetings.
- Collaborate with senior researchers with respect to larger and more complex assignments.
- Assist CI Research Team with providing business development research for attorneys and the Marketing department including preparation of company snapshots.
- Gather, synthesize and present a summary of relevant, well targeted research findings to attorneys and staff to facilitate decision making and business planning.
- As part of the Library & Research Services Team, collaborate and coordinate with library staff in other geographies to provide seamless research service for attorneys in all firm locations, including evening and weekend coverage on an as needed basis.
- Engage in innovation and Library outreach, including evaluation of new information resources and related technology.
- May assist in the delivery of research training programs for attorneys and staff through a variety of formats including in person one-on-one sessions, departmental meetings, web enabled training and orientation.
- Establish relationships with attorneys to improve, expand and market the range of available information sources and services.
- Participate in expanding and/or improving research and information services, procedures and practices. Take part in special projects as requested by the Director of Library & Research Services.
- Remain current in research techniques and available resources relevant to providing high quality research and information services. Continue professional development through various firm and association sponsored activities