Position: Electronic Initiatives Librarian
Location: George Washington University Jacob Burns Law Library
Full vacancy announcement available on LLSDC Job Listing
Established in 1865, the George Washington University Law School is the oldest law school in the nation’s capital. The Law School is accredited by the American Bar Association and is a charter member of the Association of American Law Schools. GW Law is located on the GW campus in the downtown D.C. neighborhood familiarly known as Foggy Bottom.
The Law School’s Jacob Burns Law Library supports the curricular and teaching requirements of the Law School, the research and publication needs of the law faculty, and the study and research needs of the law students; and provides to the scholarly community at large access to a research collection of material about the law and its history. Additional information about the Law Library can be found at, https://www.law.gwu.edu/library
The Law Library seeks a qualified librarian for its Electronic Initiatives Librarian position to begin as early as February 21, 2022. The librarian in this position oversees the development and delivery of services supporting the curation and use of the library’s growing electronic resources collection. The librarian in this position is responsible for the curation of the electronic resource collection, including negotiation, license review, purchase decisions, access in the library discovery ecosystem, and analyzing usage statistics and budgetary parameters to evaluate electronic resources.
Please note that initially the librarian in this position will be required to work at the university’s Foggy Bottom campus in Washington, D.C.; the ability to work remotely in the future will be assessed and determined by the supervisor in accordance with Law School and University policies.
Minimum qualifications for this position are a graduate degree in library or information science (e.g., MLS) from an ALA-accredited institution or completion of degree requirements by the time of appointment; and a minimum of three years of post-graduate degree experience managing electronic resource life cycle activities in an academic or law library.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please complete an online application at https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/88151 to include uploading a resume and cover letter and providing contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin February 2, 2022, and continue until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
Please note that the University has mandated that all personnel be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to accessing campus for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Position: Manager of Library Services
Location: Kutak Rock LLP
Full vacancy announcement available on LLSDC Job Listing
Summary – The Manager of Library Services will oversee the operations and manage strategic initiatives for the National Library Services Department in support of Firm Practice Area business goals and initiatives. This position is in the DC office.
- Manages the research services function of the Library Services Department to provide strategic information support to the firm, including determining research priorities and investigating and recommending new resources and tools.
- Provides research consultation and analysis, research project strategy, and manages specialized topical, legislative, docket, and regulatory research and customized monitoring services.
- Manages the research resource use tracking software (Research Monitor) and generates and analyzes use reports as needed for evaluation and renewal of online resources.
- Manages the monitoring, selection, and dissemination of curated information and news to individual attorneys and defined interest groups based on subject interests, special requests, client needs, and for competitive intelligence.
- Supports Marketing by researching information in support of business development efforts.
- Manages firmwide Library vendor relations.
- Negotiates License Agreements for research resources, and manages their implementation and lifecycle.
- Establishes policies for the use of Library research resources and tools and for training.
- Manages Library Services Department orientation for new timekeepers.
- Manages the Washington Office and New York Office Library collection, and collection
- Approves Washington Office, New York Office, and firmwide Library renewals, cancellations, and invoices.
- Directs recruitment, hiring, and training of Library Services Department staff.
- Supervises the Reference Librarians and Library Assistant, including providing mentoring in research methods and skills and encouraging professional development
- Prepares and monitors the Library Services Department budget.
- Requires a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program.
- At least 8 years of progressively responsible library experience in a law firm or corporate environment.
- Extensive database search experience and relevant research expertise to manage a sophisticated law firm research library
For information about applying, please contact Cameron Gowan at Cameron.Gowan@KutakRock.com