Position: Records and Information Management Specialist
Location: U.S. Marshals Service, Department of Justice
Salary: $55,756 – $86,881
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
The selectee of this position serves as a Records and Information Management Specialist. You will be responsible for the development, modernization, and management of agency-wide Records and Information Management (RIM) programs.
Responsible for maintaining and improving access to electronic resources using standard bibliographic cataloging techniques, library services platforms, and electronic resource management tools. Responsible for collecting and managing statistics for collection materials, acquisitions budget, resource usage, and other related data. Provides support in making data-driven decisions. Plays a key role in the acquisition and renewal of electronic resources and troubleshooting end-user access issues.
As a Records and Information Management Specialist at the GS-0308-11/12 level, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Assisting in developing, implementing, and managing manual and automated RIM processes, tools, internal controls, monitoring and evaluation methods for agency wide records programs.
- Providing guidance and assistance to RIM team members and assigned support personnel.
- Supporting the development and implementation of RIM program policies, plans, guidelines, proposals, processes, and recommendations on issues which cross functional lines.
- Overseeing the implementation and execution of RIM compliance to agency programs and policy activities to ensure compliance with federal legislation, policy, direction, guidance.
- Developing, establishing, maintaining, and monitoring administrative control systems for safeguarding all records.
- Providing planning, implementation, and monitoring of RIM programs for agency core mission and administrative records regardless of medium or format.