Position: Librarian, Adjunct Faculty (Part Time)
Location: Community College of Baltimore County
Full vacancy announcement available on SLA Joblist.
Provide reference service to students, faculty, staff, and the community. Provide library instruction to individuals and classes; and participate in collection development and collection maintenance efforts.
M.L.S. or equivalent degree from an accredited ALA institution
Experience locating information using online research databases and other credible information sources.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Staff reference desk, including opening, evening and Saturday hours
- Conduct reference interviews to determine information needs
- Choose sources appropriate to questions asked, assignment objectives and user’s level of expertise
- Effectively use and teach a variety of sources including print materials, online catalog, subscription databases, internet and Microsoft Office applications
- Maintain an open, friendly and professional attitude when handling multiple reference and information requests
- Collaborate with classroom faculty to plan library instruction sessions
- Teach principles of information literacy in library instruction sessions
- Instruct classes in the use of library resources
- Develop online and print teaching aids and handouts
- Participate in collection maintenance projects
Position: Library Technician
Location: Nimitz Library of Naval Academy
Salary: $49,157 – $70,775
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
- You will perform cataloging/metadata primarily using the Library’s enterprise information system and a cloud-based metadata collaborative (OCLC).
- You will manipulate records for a wide variety of library materials in various formats, including but not limited to, streaming media, digitized primary sources, born electronic material, and a variety of periodicals/serials continuously used.
- You will approve invoices within the Library’s enterprise information system and coordinate payment with Nimitz, Academic Cost Center, and Comptroller financial personnel.
- You will utilize interlibrary borrowing/loaning information system to obtain research materials and/or lend material to other researchers upon request.