Position: Library Collections Manager
Location: Frederick County Public Libraries
Salary: $72,397 – $86,876
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
Join the vibrant, community-minded team at Frederick County Public Libraries! We are seeking a creative, energetic, and visionary leader for our Library Collections Department. Located in West-Central Maryland between Washington D.C. and Baltimore, FCPL is a rapidly developing system. By facilitating the public’s freedom to explore, invent, and transform, FCPL connects people to ideas and to each other, helping to foster individual and community growth. This professional managerial and supervisory position is responsible for the general operation and management of the FCPL’s system-wide collection development, including the selection and acquisition of physical and digital library materials. Direct supervision is given to Materials Management and Technical Services staff. Supervision is received from the Associate Director for Support Services.
- Master of Library Science degree from an American Library Association accredited program
- Minimum 5 years of professional library work experience in a public setting, including at least 2 years (within last 5 years) collection development and/or materials management experience and/or technical services management experience.
- Minimum 2 years work supervisory work experience
- Possession of a valid automobile operator’s license
- *Note: 2 additional years of professional work experience may reduce the education requirement to a Bachelor’s degree (see full job description)
Position: Customer Experience Specialist/ Research Librarian
Location: Digital Science
Salary: $70,000.00 – $120,000.00 (Yearly Salary)
Originally posted on the SLA Career Center.
We are Digital Science and we are advancing the research ecosystem.
We are a pioneering technology company, and our vision is of a future where a trusted and collaborative research ecosystem drives progress for all. We believe in better, open, collaborative and inclusive research. In creating the next generation of tools and working in partnership with the community we tackle some of the biggest challenges to research. In order to achieve our vision, we need innovative, inspiring and dynamic people to join our team. Do you want to join us in achieving our vision?
Dimensions, part of the Digital Science family, is the world’s largest linked research information dataset, covering millions of research publications and connected by more than 1.3 billion citations. We are shaping the future of research and are looking for a Customer Experience Specialist/Research Librarian to help us support and guide our clients to get what they need from Dimensions tools and services. Could you be a part of the team?
Your new role
As part of the global and dynamic team, you will play a key role in serving our global customers, a large and growing set of global government and funding organizations. Working in a highly collaborative team environment, you will lead support for customers and provide delivery excellence that delights our customers, informs billions in research investment, fuels word-of-mouth growth, and very high renewal rates, an indication of serving our customers with best service possible. You will help our customers use bibliometric and scientometric data from Dimensions to support research assessment, portfolio management/analysis, strategic planning and more.
As a Customer Experience Specialist/Research Librarian, you will lead customer support responses, anticipate and triage requests, and perform a wide range of activities, which will help our customers to think through how Dimensions and its underlying data can support their needs. As someone who thrives in helping people and solving problems with them, you will create custom data sets, provide training and answer questions about our products, as you grow to become an expert in our data, software, and customers, whilst identifying situations where we can grow customer engagement.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be a trusted partner supporting leaders of science funding organizations to use Dimensions data and tools to support them in making key decisions about research and funding management
- You’ll both use and demonstrate how to use publication metrics and other bibliographic data to evaluate the impact of a researcher, program or organization
- You will provide guidance to program incumbents and thought leaders on the responsible use of data and information from Dimensions
- You will work closely with clients to understand their business needs and use-cases and create solutions for them with Dimensions data and tools
- Build & develop relationships with clients, built around use and awareness of Dimensions tools and developments
- You will help clients to achieve their goals through project planning, management and supporting implementation as well as providing both training and ongoing support for each subscribed tool and service
- You will monitor and respond to client requests through helpdesk tickets, contract deliverables, and status reports.
- Be an expert on all aspects of Dimensions offerings and provide advice to both the external research and analysis community and to the internal Digital Science team
- Deliver training presentations on our capabilities, case examples and tools to both small and large groups
- Create support documentation including FAQ’s, presentations, videos etc
What you’ll bring to the role
- You will bring an understanding of the Scientific & Technology ecosystem (funders, research organizations, scientific publishing)
- You will have a sound knowledge of and interest in bibliometrics, scientometrics, research assessment and science policy
- You will bring expertise in research data, including common matters such as author and institutional disambiguation, classification and citation linkages
- You will have extensive and demonstrable work experience in a related field (research librarian, assessment & analytic librarian, bibliometric librarian) and be able to showcase your experience and achievements
- You will have the ability to create and present interactive training for online tools including workshop-style sessions
- You will be familiar with helping users answer questions about database aggregation, linkages and anomalies
- You will be experienced in helping others create Boolean searches to represent a topic to support exploration of the research landscape and helping identify under-researched and emerging areas
- You quickly understand user perspective and take the initiative to support the client in finding solutions
- You will thrive in an environment where you can work independently and remotely
- You will be a strong communicator and able to communicate your findings to a varied audience through written and verbal presentation
- You will be comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment and utilize this to empower your career with us
- It would be advantageous if you have experience in successfully managing projects and programmes and creating customer-facing documentation, but not a requirement for the role
- If you are experienced supporting research analysis that would be desirable
- It would be advantageous if you have experience in creating and presenting data visualizations based on research outputs and metrics