Position: Makerspace Technician I
Location: Carroll County Public Library
Originally posted on the Maryland Library Association listserv.
Responsibilities: Are you enthusiastic about learning new things and teaching others? Join our team and help “make” the future of library services at Carroll County Public Library Carroll County Public Library’s newest location, Exploration Commons at 50 East (Exploration Commons at 50 East) opening in fall 2021, offers a makerspace focused on digital design and fabrication, a commercial teaching kitchen, and meeting rooms to engage the community in a variety of learning and workforce development opportunities. We are seeking a full-time and part-time Experience Design Specialist I/Makerspace Technician I to support daily makerspace operations and provide training and programs using equipment and resources in the makerspace at Exploration Commons. You will also support the Exploration Commons team in other areas, including the teaching kitchen and meeting rooms.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated, able to work independently as well as with a team focused on providing superior customer service, and able to learn and share new technologies and skills. You bring experience in at least two of these disciplines: CAD/CAM processes; Additive and subtractive fabrication (3D printers, laser cutters, CNC, etc.); Audio/Video equipment and software; Augmented and Virtual Reality; Graphic Design; Coding; Maker and/or technology instruction, including leading workshops and hands-on projects; AND a passion for outreach and establishing connections between making and the organization’s vision, mission, and strategic priorities.
Requirements: High School diploma/G.E.D. and 1 – 2 years directly related experience; Associate degree or college coursework in a related field preferred; Instructional experience preferred; Proficiency with design software (Adobe Creative Cloud and Autodesk); Familiarity with the makerspace and/or kitchen equipment; Highly effective communicator via email, telephone, and in person; Or equivalent technical training, education, and experience.
Salary Range: Position 1 – Full-time 37.5 hours per week; $43,875 annually plus benefits
Position 2 – Part-time 20 hours per week; $23,400 annually plus benefits
Must be able to work day, evening and weekend hours, including Sunday.
Application Process: Applications must be received by 11:59 pm on Friday, August 20, 2021.
Applications must be submitted online at https://library.carr.org/careers/careers.aspx.
Position: Librarian (Biomedical)
Location: National Institutes of Health
Salary: $87,198 – $134,798
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Library is pleased to announce an exciting employment opportunity for an exceptional candidate to serve as a Librarian (Biomedical). If you have experience providing library services and instruction in a clinical or biomedical research setting and want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the NIH Library team.
- Serves as a technical authority in the provision of bibliometric services in very complex subject areas related to biomedical research.
- Develops policies, programs, services and/or products for a library system.
- Initiates, plans, and carries out work activities and projects related to designing, developing, and overseeing instructional and training programs on library programs, services, and systems.
- Provides consultations on designing and using bibliometric analyses, training on bibliometric theory and techniques, and customized analysis designed to meet specific needs of NIH staff.
- Calculates citation impact scores using the latest bibliometric techniques and put those scores into context to help NIH staff understand how useful laboratory or program publications have been to other scientists.
- Provides research services for users which involve not only directing the user to information sources, but also locating and evaluating the information itself.