Position: Technical Service Librarian
Salary: $122,530 to $159,286
Full vacancy announcement is available on the CUA SLIS blog.
ZAI has a need for Technical Service Librarian at a project located in Washington, DC. This is a working supervisory position. The Technical Service Librarian will supervise ZAI personnel and work on assigned tasks as needed. The Technical Service Librarian will have full authority to act for ZAI in the performance of the required library work and services. Preferred experience with cataloging legal, congressional, legislative history, regulatory materials.
Required Skill Sets:
- Master’s degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited institution
- Minimum (2) year of professional cataloging experience
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience in technical services operations, library setting
- Preferred experience with reference in legal, legislative history, congressional, and regulatory research
- Experience with front desk support, reference, reference development, collection maintenance and management, acquisitions
- Experience providing serial check-in, ILS system support, circulation and reference support
- Experience with cataloging materials using MARC, RDA and KBART standards
- Work experience with U.S. Federal document collections
- Strong skill/experience using an Integrated Library System (ILS), preferably OCLC WMS
- Experience working with Lexis, Westlaw, HeinOnline or CLEAR Investigative database software
- Experience with principles of authority control, including selecting and applying controlled vocabularies to local collections
- Experience in and/or practical working knowledge of library automation, personal computers (PC), and simple PC troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience using WORD, Excel, or other PC applications
- Other Assignments
ZAI is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity) , national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, veterans status or any other legally protected status.
Please Click Here to Apply : https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ZAIINC&cws=41&rid=1868