Position: Research Analyst
Location: MITRE, McLean
Full vacancy announcement is available on the CUA SLIS blog.
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That’s because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation’s toughest challenges—and we’re committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We’re making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us. MITRE’s Information Services department seeks a Research Analyst to join the Custom Research Team. The successful candidate will be adept at scoping research requests, hunting and digging for information and data, and presenting findings in a clear manner.
- Collaborating with the InfoDesk, MITRE’s corporate information desk, to provide in-depth Tier 2 research support
- Conducting competitive intelligence and market research in support of business development, and benchmarking
- Conducting research using scholarly literature, IT advisory services, government and business databases, news sources, and e-books in support of a diverse work program
- Packaging research findings into high-quality deliverables to guide business decisions and inform corporate strategy
- Delivering current awareness materials via customized newsletters
- Expanding, building, and maintaining relationships with customers throughout MITRE
- Creating executive-level briefings and reports
- Demonstrated ability to formulate complex search strategies; to search and locate information from various sources; to summarize and synthesize findings; and to place findings in context
- Excellent customer service skills including an aptitude for understanding and anticipating customer needs
- An understanding of the research process and workflow
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across level and function
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and to effectively build partnerships
- Commitment to continuous learning and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems in a resourceful and timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to present information effectively to multiple sized audiences
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
- MLS / MLIS / MIS or related degree
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in library research, business analysis, market research, or competitive intelligence
- Experience serving as a librarian in a corporate, government, or academic organization supporting engineers and/or other highly technical professionals
- Experience visualizing data and designing infographics
This requisition requires the following clearance(s):Secret
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please contact MITRE’s Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At MITRE, we solve problems for a safer world. Through our federally funded R&D centers and public-private partnerships, we work across government to tackle challenges to the safety, stability, and well-being of our nation. As a not-for-profit organization, MITRE works in the public interest across federal, state and local governments, as well as industry and academia. We bring innovative ideas into existence in areas as varied as artificial intelligence, intuitive data science, quantum information science, health informatics, space security, policy and economic expertise, trustworthy autonomy, cyber threat sharing, and cyber resilience.
Benefits information may be found here: https://www.mitre.org/careers/working-at-mitre/benefits