Position: Associate Dean of Law Library & IT Services
Location: University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law
Salary: $107,431- $132,735
Originally posted on LLSDC Job Listings.
The Associate Dean of the Law Library and IT is a core member of the Law School’s senior leadership team and a member of the faculty who will have the opportunity to shape the future of this vibrant and thriving organization by leading the library’s efforts. The Associate Dean ensures broad and deep support of the research, educational, informational and technological needs of faculty, students, and staff.
This position has faculty status and is entitled to the privileges and responsibilities of other members of the faculty of the Law School. The candidate must have significant law library administrative experience, be committed to service, and demonstrate strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Experience teaching legal research skills and/or current and emerging technologies that impact law libraries, legal education, and law practice is essential. Experience teaching full semester law courses for credit is preferred
The Academic Dean of Law Library & IT Services will promote a positive work environment, fostering collaborative and collegial work relationships between a dynamic mixture of promising new professional staff and faculty, intermixed with experienced staff and faculty.
This leader will be expected to think strategically, to innovate, and to successfully move the law library and IT services in the Law School progressively forward in the rapidly changing environment of legal education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Is responsible for the planning and overall administration of the law library and law IT department, including short- and long-term strategic planning, budgeting, hiring, management and development of library staff, collection development and management, and overseeing and enhancing Law School technology.
- Ensures the law library is organized and managed in an efficient and productive manner and models a collaborative and collegial culture.
- Promotes and creates professional development opportunities for library staff, particularly around technology, project management and communication.
- Maintains and enhances the collection development policy for the law library to ensure a collection of print and digital resources that support the educational and scholarly needs of the Law School and ensures compliance with ABA Standards.
- Ensures an outstanding, broadly conceived approach to research and scholarly services, keeping in mind faculty, students, staff, and departmental needs.
- Oversees the Legal Research curriculum in collaboration with reference librarians and faculty.
- Directs workflows related to data collection, prepares reports and other materials related to law library and law IT services for the Law School Dean, the University, the American Bar Association, the DC Council, U.S. News and World Reports, IPEDS, and other entities as needed.
- Develops short- and long-term law library budget and personnel needs assessments and ensures library and IT spending is in conformance with budget limitations.
- Represents UDC Law at meetings and functions, both internally and externally. External events might include those hosted by local bar associations and other organizations, and at the national level by the ABA, AALL, AALS, LLSDC, and others. In the Law School Dean’s absence, may be charged with making administrative decisions.
- Serves on Law School and University committees and tasks forces as appointed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Juris Doctorate degree (JD) from an accredited law school in the United States
- Master’s of Library Science (MLIS) from an ALA accredited school.
- Minimum of five years of increasing professional responsibility in an academic law library setting, or other equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience teaching legal research and providing training on learning and practice technologies.
Apply online at: https://udc.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2hbyxhuor5l, for questions or issues with the application, contact Muyi Idehen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Position: Library Assistant (Circulation)
Location: Supreme Court of the United States
Salary: $44,237 to $63,906
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
This is a full-time position with the Library of the Supreme Court of the United States in Washington, D.C.
Closing Date: Monday, 07/05/2021, 11:59 PM EDT
The Library Assistant (Circulation) retrieves, charges and delivers materials to library patrons and performs other associated clerical, library circulation, interlibrary loan, electronic document delivery and document scanning functions. Operates automated library circulation system including: patron record creation, item record creation, electronic book charging and discharging and trouble shooting. Works as part of departmental team maintaining in-house and remote book collections, including shelving and routing. Driving will be required to perform departmental duties.