Location: Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security
Salary: $60,129 to $113,362 per year
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
This position is located in Identity and Information Management Division, International and Interagency Information Sharing Branch
Every day our Librarians preserve and promote understanding USCIS’s history, provide authoritative historical information, and administer the daily operations of the History Office and Library by planning for and maintaining resources, equipment, and facilities.
- The responsibilities described are for the GS-12 level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope performed with less independence, and limited complexity.
- Develop and implement a library program which provides the resources and services required by the Office in accomplishing its mission.
- Develop and implement local inhouse policies on research, reference, office loan of materials and collection maintenance.
- Design and execute moderate to complex online searches on full text legal or bibliographic databases.
- Independently perform library acquisitions, cataloging, shelving, physical processing, and automation and participates in management functions and the formulation of library-wide policy and procedures.
- Perform the full-range of librarian duties.