Position: Central SLRC Manager
Location: Enoch Pratt Free Library
Salary: $77,607 – $98,375 per year
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
The Pratt Library is in search of an innovative, passionate individual to serve functionally as the Manager for the State Library Resource Center Office.
This management position serves a diverse local and statewide customer base. If you feel that you meet the requirements or wish to learn more about this opportunity, we would like to hear from you!
The SLRC Manager:
- Provides direct administrative and management support to the Chief of Central/SLRC
- Provides direct supervision and evaluation of assigned Central Library Subject Department Managers
- Researches, coordinates and supports programs/projects for senior administrative staff
- Ensures excellent customer service experience from staff with adherence to the Library’s mission and guidelines
- Supervises the design and implementation of relevant programming and outreach to a broad and diverse statewide customer base
- Develops relevant training for local and statewide public library staffs
- Function effectively and collaboratively as a member of the SLRC management team
- Coordinates planning and project management related to the Library’s Strategic Plan and Annual
- Participates in and may lead division meetings and work groups
Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited college or university; at least five years of successful experience in a library management position, including at least two years of direct supervisory experience over professional library staff involving evaluation, discipline, hiring, and termination; knowledge of Maryland State Library Resource Center operations. The ability to travel in Maryland with personal transportation is required. Must be available to work a flexible schedule including evening, Saturday, and Sunday hours.