Position: Campus Librarian
Location: ECPI University, Manassas, VA
Full vacancy announcement is available on the CUA SLIS blog.
The Campus Librarian independently manages the daily operations of the campus library including reference, library instruction and circulation. Campus Librarians work closely with faculty and students providing library instruction and support services in a technology focused environment.
- Train, supervise and evaluate library staff and student workers.
- Assess, develop and maintain the campus library collection.
- Catalog and classify new library resources.
- Maintain and report campus library usage statistics.
- Provide instruction and support for library users in all areas of the library, including print collections, electronic resources and library services.
- Chair the campus library committee; partner with faculty to develop and improve library services, instruction, and collection development.
- Promote library services to students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
- At least 3 years of library experience, preferably in an academic library environment.
- Knowledge of library automation systems and Microsoft computer applications
- Knowledge of MARC record management, Dewey Decimal Classification
- Proficiency with online library catalogs and library databases (including Gale, Ebsco, and ProQuest products)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work flow
- Enjoy helping others
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Detail oriented