Position: Law Librarian
Location: Cadence Group, Washington, DC
Originally posted on LLSDC Job Listings.
Cadence Group is seeking a Law Librarian to support research and information access functions for the DOJ Antitrust Division, Liberty Square Building Library. This is a full-time position; the hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Work will be remote until on-site work is authorized. Contract is to begin 1/4/21 and run through 9/30/21, with one option year.
Law Librarian – Washington, DC
- Answer reference and research questions thoroughly and efficiently with minimal supervision. Ability to perform tasks such as researching, analyzing, and evaluating accuracy of sources.
- Respond to a wide range of requests for information on library resources and collections ensuring accurate and thorough responses are timely to meet the needs of requestors via email, telephone, or Skype for Business.
- Utilize databases and print sources to answer questions on a wide-variety of topics including, but not limited to: business, companies, specific industries, law and economics.
- Conduct research through reference interviews to ascertain client needs and context to best tailor the research.
- Maintain, update, and develop web guides.
- Provide excellent customer service skills.
- Work both independently and as part of a team.
- Conduct one-on-one and group training sessions.
- US Citizenship required
- Familiarity with the following databases, Lexis, Westlaw, Factiva, Bloomberg Law, Dun & Bradstreet, EBSCO, IBISWorld, Profound, Mergent Online, HeinOnline, JSTOR, ProQuest Congressional, Dreamweaver or other web productions platforms.
- Master of Library Science (MLS) or equivalent degree
- 2 years’ experience working in a library or research organization.
- Experience in economics, business or industry research, at a law firm or corporate library is highly requested.
Cadence Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Apply at this link: https://cadence-group.com/job-descriptions/#law-librarian-dc
Position: Research Manager
Location: Epstein Becker & Green, Washington, DC
Originally posted on LLSDC Job Listings.
The law firm of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. has an immediate opening in our Washington, D.C. office for a Research Manager to join our national Library team. This position reports to the Manager of Library Services.
Manage the research services function of the Library Services Department to provide strategic information support to the firm, including determining research priorities and recommending new resources and tools
Recommend policies for research operations and for the use of research resources and tools
Plan, manage, and promote access to and use of research services, resources, and tools, including training initiatives
Supervise the Reference Librarians, including providing mentoring in research methods and skills and encouraging professional development
Provide research consultation and analysis, research project strategy, and manage specialized topical, legislative, docket, and regulatory monitoring services
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program; At least 8 years of progressively responsible Library experience in a law firm or corporate environment; Extensive database search experience and relevant research expertise in order to manage a sophisticated law firm research function; The ability to lead and manage people; Excellent organizational, critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated by the ability to analyze, prioritize, and manage projects and deadlines; Project management experience; Strong customer service skills; Ability to apply independent judgment and act independently, as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
TO APPLY: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, we are only able to contact candidates selected for follow up.
Please send resume and cover letter containing salary expectations to Emily Kasprak at firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies, please.
Epstein Becker & Green is an equal opportunity employer.