Location: Department of Agriculture
Salary: $72,030 to $112,240 per year
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
This position is located within the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, National Agricultural Library, Data Production Division – Digitization and Access Branch, in Beltsville, MD.
The incumbent manages digital archival initiatives and services for the description, management, and preservation of born-digital and digitized collection objects. The incumbent also provides Special Collections reference and access services and performs outreach activities
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies and workflows for managing, preserving, and providing access to Library?s digital collections.
- Performs digital object management and preservation services and carries out archival actions in NAL?s digital repository system, and in other environments as required.
- Performs processing, preserving, and acquisition of archival, historical, and special collections materials.
- Researches and recommends new tools to meet digital preservation, digital access, data management, and other digital curation needs for born-digital assets.
- Develops procedures for managing born-digital or digitized materials for ingest, storage, preservation, organization, description, and access.
- Develops methods to maintain the infrastructure of a digital archive and establishes digital archival preservation procedures for NAL Special Collections materials.
- Coordinates with other archivist and librarians to create, transform, curate and apply descriptive, structural, administrative, and preservation metadata.
Position: Head Librarian
Location: Community College of Baltimore County
Salary: $63,709 – $78,354 per year
Originally posted on the on SLA Career Center.
Responsible for coordinating campus library services, including reference, circulation, reserves, and selected system areas of responsibility. Supervises campus librarians, classified staff, and part time associates. Shares general professional responsibilities of reference, library instruction, and collection development with other campus librarians. Responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance of physical facility.
Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate’s education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale.
MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution. A minimum of (5) five year’s progressively responsible administrative experience in an academic institution’s library. A minimum of (3) three years supervisory experience, required. Demonstrated knowledge of information literacy standards. Expertise with library research tools and instruction. Community college experience; working with faculty to integrate information literacy into curriculum; and experience with open educational resources (OERs) preferred. Valid driver’s license with a good driving record with less than five (5) violation points.
For best consideration please apply by December 8, 2020.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance of physical facility.
- Coordinates all campus library public service functions: reference, circulation, ILL and reserves.
- Provides leadership in selected college wide library functions.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
Position Specific Essential Duties
- Supervises, trains and evaluates campus library services staff.
- Participates in library instruction program, provides reference services to library users, and contributes to the development of the library collections.
- Oversees gate, information desk and library instruction statistics.
- Ensures all public service desks are staffed.
- Coordinates the production of library information guides as required.
- Maintains professional awareness and growth through participation in professional organizations and continuing education activities.
- Participates in the selection of resources for the library.
- Serves on the library management team to develop policies and procedures.
- Participates in college-wide committees and activities.
- Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.