Position: Electronic Resources Librarian
Location: Washington College, Chestertown, MD
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
Washington College is seeking qualified applicants for an Electronic Resources Librarian. This position is responsible for life cycle management of all library resources, including providing discovery and seamless access to the Library’s electronic resources, including online journals, databases, streaming video, and eBooks. With the Dean of Library and Academic Technology, this position manages the library materials budget. The successful candidate is expected to be well-versed in managing an integrated library system, including knowledge of unix/linux operating systems, Discovery layers, such as EBSCO Discovery Service, openURL resolvers, content knowledgebases, and cataloging standards and principals such as MARC and BIBFRAME. Knowledge of various authentication systems such as SAML and Shibboleth is helpful to facilitate troubleshooting with the campus IT services. The Electronic Resources Librarian liaises with faculty and staff to identify new e-resources, communicate changes, evaluate content for discoverability and access, and to resolve issues. Experience in managing e-resources is essential, as is a working knowledge of the principals of collection development. Knowledge of html, css, and content management systems for support of the SpringShare Library Guides and the library’s website. This is an exempt, full-time (35 hours per week), twelve-month non-tenured faculty position.
- Administers the Sierra integrated library system.
- Manages electronic resources, establish workflows, work with discovery layer and EZproxy.
- Provides access to electronic resources through software such as link resolvers, knowledge bases, discovery services, access management platforms.
- Oversees the cataloging and processing of all library resources.
- Troubleshoot access and connection issues with the campus community.
- Develop and maintain library web content and access including incorporating code to allow for search and chat boxes.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date bibliographic records/statistics of all library holdings.
- Handles the library materials budget with the Dean of LAT.
- Stays informed about the electronic product market, vendors, publishing issues and trends, pricing models, and licensing.
- Supervises the Acquisitions and Accounts Manager and 2-4 student assistants.
- Performs reference services when needed, which may include weekend and evening physical presence as well as chat coverage.
- Pursues professional development service and scholarship to satisfy library faculty status and review and promotion.