Position: Digital Reference Librarian
Location: University of Baltimore
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
The Digital Reference Librarian is a collaborative, innovative, and service-oriented leader who reports to the Associate Director for Public Services. In this digital era, law librarians face challenges and opportunities in transforming the way the Library preserves and shares access to knowledge in service of the mission of the Law School. This position is responsible for developing, coordinating, and overseeing the growth of the Law School’s scholarly communications and publishing programs, including ScholarWorks (a Digital Commons product) and SSRN. The Digital Services Librarian will develop and manage efforts to disseminate information, build awareness, and promote the library’s resources, services, and activities through strategic use of social media. The Digital Reference Librarian will also provide reference, research, and instructional services to the Law School community, including students, faculty, staff, and members of the bench, bar, and public. The Digital Reference Librarian will also participate in the staffing rotation for the reference desk, support of faculty scholarship and instruction, and in teaching activities. This position will also act as a resource for faculty in identifying and using educational technologies. The Digital Reference Librarian will participate in the Collection Development Committee.
This is a Library Faculty position and is subject to University of Baltimore policies concerning retention, promotion, and permanent status.
- Overseeing the growth of the Law School’s scholarly communications. Actively participates in local, regional and national associations relating to law librarianship and libraries.
- Provides expert research support and assistance for law faculty and law students.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director for Public Services, teaches legal research as a guest lecturer in upper level courses.
- Promotes the Library’s resources, services and activities through social media.
- Actively participates in local, regional and national associations relating to law librarianship and libraries