Location: Agricultural Research Service, National Agricultural Library, Beltsville, MD
Salary: $59,534 to $93,638
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, National Agricultural Library, Information Products Division- Digital Library Branch in Beltsville, Maryland.
The incumbent applies an understanding of digital standards, library policies, collection development and general library rules and procedures, and an understanding of library users in a rapidly changing digital environment.
- Participates in the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of core digital initiatives.
- Assists in the design, creation, and maintenance of websites and other digital applications.
- Creates and/or adds appropriate metadata, classification, and search capabilities to facilitate easy access to and ongoing maintenance of available content.
- Collaborates with staff from across NAL to plan and organize projects with the goal of revising and organizing web content to ensure clear messaging and easy use by all populations.
- Identifies trends in the agricultural community and analyzes web-based statistics to translate consumer needs for content to further enhance existing capabilities.
- Evaluates and makes suggestions for improvement of processes, policies, procedures, systems, and communications/marketing and outreach programs.
Position: Library Aid
Location: Library on Joint Base Andrews, MD
Salary: $11.97 to $11.97 per hour
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
About the position: This position will be assigned to the Library on Joint Base Andrews, MD 20762.The purpose of this position is to perform circulation duties and record maintenance.
Employment Category: Flexible
Physical requirements: Work requires some physical exertion and recurring lifting of moderately heavy items. Must be physically able to frequently lift boxes of up to 40 pounds. Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
- Must have experience in responsible clerical or office work of any kind that demonstrates the ability to perform satisfactorily at the grade level of the position
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have experience or training that demonstrates the ability to perform simple computer data processing
- Typing skills are desirable.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10870552
Position: Research, Education, and Outreach Librarian
Location: Health Sciences and Human Services Library, University of Maryland, Baltimore
Salary: $60,000 minimum
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
The Health Sciences and Human Services Library (HS/HSL) at University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) seeks a dynamic and collaborative Research, Education, and Outreach Librarian to join the HS/HSL team.
This new, exciting library faculty position has three main areas of responsibility:
Expand library services in Physician Assistant (PA) programs in Maryland through collaboration with library colleagues in PA programs statewide. Become an integral part of the Physician Assistant Leadership and Learning Academy (PALLA). Provide expertise to advance the goals of the PALLA in building faculty capacity for delivering vanguard PA educational curriculum and generating scholarship across the state. For more information, visit https://graduate.umaryland.edu/PALLA/.
Advance the research, scholarship, education, and professional practice goals for students in selected degree programs within UMB’s Graduate School. These programs include the MS in Physician Assistant (PA), MS in Health Sciences, and PhD in Health Professions Education. For more information, visit https://www.graduate.umaryland.edu/About/.
Perform ongoing program evaluation, gather reportable data, and generate an actionable dashboard around research, education, and outreach library services. This data will be reported to various stakeholders, including the state of Maryland.
As part of the HS/HSL team, this librarian collaborates with faculty and staff within the Library and with partners throughout the University, designing and delivering innovative, forward-thinking research and instruction services. They are active in professional organizations and are expected to build a record of progressive scholarly and professional achievement.
This is a permanent status-eligible, full-time, non-tenure track library faculty position. This position reports to the Head of Research, Education, and Outreach Services. UMB remains committed to the safety of the community. Given the current environment related to COVID-19, this position may begin by teleworking remotely. When the University develops a plan to return to campus, the Research, Education, and Outreach Librarian may be required to work onsite in Baltimore.
Maryland PA Program Responsibilities:
Builds cross-institutional relationships supporting cohesive library-related PA education.
Investigates and implements shared research and instruction services to be delivered statewide.
Offers research consultation services with an emphasis on expert searching and critical appraisal.
Designs and delivers tailored fellow/faculty development workshops.
Identifies online resources supporting PA education and learning.
Provides expert counsel in scholarly publishing, research visibility, and research impact.
Applies innovative technologies to advance learning, communication, collaboration, and information management.
Graduate School Responsibilities:
Creates engaging instructional programming, developing student professional competency in evidence-based searching, critical appraisal, information management, and scholarly publishing.
Collaborates with UMB colleagues to develop and deliver courses offered through the Graduate School curriculum.
Offers research consultation services with emphasis on expert searching and critical appraisal.
Designs and delivers tailored faculty development workshops.
Collaborates on grant-funded projects within the Graduate School.
Contributions to the HS/HSL Team:
- Works with other members of the Research, Education and Outreach department to develop a strong, cohesive team.
- Collaborates with library colleagues to develop and deliver innovative programs and services in the areas of expert searching/systematic reviews, research impact, scholarly communication, and more.
- Participates on systematic review teams by developing complex searches and composing search methodologies.
- Designs and delivers research and information management workshops.
- Engages in committees and on teams within the HS/HSL and at UMB.
Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program.
Three years post-master’s experience in a relevant environment.
Experience conducting advanced literature searches in a variety of databases.
Experience providing online instruction.
Experience in curriculum design.
Excellent online collaboration skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Demonstrated service orientation and skills.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in an academic, research, or health sciences library supportive of graduate health profession education.
- Experience or education in Allied Health, Physician Assistant, or related health profession fields.
- Experience in program evaluation and using data to measure impact.
Application materials must include a CV/resume; cover letter which includes the source of advertisement; 3 references including names, addresses, and phone numbers; and a separate signed/dated affidavit page (stating “I verify that my CV is current and accurate” – does not need to be notarized). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by August 7, 2020.
SALARY: $60,000 minimum, commensurate with experience
Generous benefits include choice of retirement, medical, and dental plans; 22 days of annual leave; 15 days of sick leave; 3 personal days and 14 holidays. Regular employees, as well as their spouses and dependent children, may receive tuition remission for most programs at many campuses of the University System of Maryland.