Position: Collection Specialist
Location: Ruth Enlow Library, Garrett County, MD
Originally posted on the Maryland Library Association listserv.
Collection Specialist – 40 hours per week with benefits at the Ruth Enlow Library’s Main Library in Oakland. Starting pay is $17.00/hr.
SUMMARY – Orders Library materials, maintains collection and coordinates the library system’s cataloging and processing.
- Oversees collection development for the Ruth Enlow Library system.
- Selects materials for the system based on the Library’s Collection Development policy.
- Examines and selects materials to be discarded, repaired or replaced.
- Processes all incoming library materials
- Develops and documents cataloging procedures
- Processes withdrawals and transfers of Library materials
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Integrity and conscientious character
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to maintain current knowledge and skills via ongoing training.
- Broad and current knowledge of literature
- Strong teamwork skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Computer experience required.
- Some college required, bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Familiarity with Dewey Decimal System required.
- Cataloging experience strongly preferred.
Resume required. Applications are available at all public libraries in Garrett County. Deadline for applications and resumes is July 24, 2020.