Position: Library Aid
Location: Joint Base Andrews, MD
Salary: $11.97 to $11.97 per hour
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
About the position:
This position will be assigned to the Library on Joint Base Andrews, MD 20762. The purpose of this position is to perform circulation duties and record maintenance.
Work requires some physical exertion and recurring lifting of moderately heavy items. Must be physically able to frequently lift boxes of up to 40 pounds. Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
Must have experience in responsible clerical or office work of any kind that demonstrates the ability to perform satisfactorily at the grade level of the position
Must be able to read, write, and speak English
Must have experience or training that demonstrates the ability to perform simple computer data processing
Typing skills are desirable.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10828739
Position: Public Services Librarian: 12-Month Faculty
Location: Chesapeake College, Wye Mills, MD
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
For best consideration, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job to which you are applying in the subject heading. Resumes must be in .doc or PDF format. We are unable to open or convert files in other formats.
Chesapeake College is an equal opportunity employer who values the power of diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace.
If there is inaccurate information on this page, please send corrections or comments to email@example.com. In accordance with the U.S. Department of Education regulations, Chesapeake College distributes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report to all current students, staff, and faculty. The report is available to prospective students, staff and faculty upon request, or on our website. To receive a paper copy of this report, contact the Director of Public Safety at 410-827-5889.
Position: Reference and Research Librarian
Location: Federal Library, Washington, DC
Originally posted on LLSDC Job Listings.
Cadence Group has an immediate opening for a Reference and Research Librarian in Washington, D.C.
- Search for, identify, and vet expert witnesses
- Create comprehensive and highly detailed expert witness vetting reports of friendly and adverse witnesses for Justice Department litigation. Vettings include in-depth analysis of background reports, legal proceedings, expert witness depositions and trial testimonies, Daubert motions, author publications, professional licenses, news searches, and web and social media research.
- Track down hard-to-locate assets; routinely conduct searches on state databases, commercial resources, and social media to locate information on individuals
- Perform complex legal research and legislative analysis of both current and historical legal topics using complex resources and specialized finding aids for the following divisions: Civil Appellate, Office of Legal Counsel, National Security Division, United States Attorney’s Office, Environmental Division, Civil Rights and many others.
- Locate information, often of a specialized or technical nature, from a wide variety of published and unpublished sources and electronic databases
- Collaborate with division attorneys, economists, paralegals, statisticians, research assistants, law interns, and field office staff
- Respond to inquiries made face-to-face, by telephone, or by virtual means
- Solid understanding of federal and state court systems, how to read a docket sheet, how a case progresses through a court, what the different types of filings are, and legal terminology
- Expertise in finding legal resources and government documents from a wide variety of electronic resources, including Westlaw, Lexis, Bloomberg Law, and HeinOnline
- Knowledge of complex resources and special finding aids
- Extensive legal research experience a big plus
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proficient at finding both print (like West’s Key Number System) and electronic resources
- Ability to clearly communicate with attorneys, economists, library techs, paralegals, statisticians, law interns, field office staff, and research assistants
- Highly proficient at locating information from free government resources, like GPO FDsys, Congress.gov, and regulatory agency websites
- Familiarity with any of the following: Lexis, Westlaw, Factiva, Ebsco, Mergent Online, HeinOnline, JSTOR, Proquest Congressional, GPO FDsys, Congress.gov, and regulatory agency websites
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in a federal government agency highly desired
- Minimum of 2 years of experience fulfilling library reference and research requests
- Accredited Masters Degree in Library Science
- Juris Doctorate a plus