Position: Systems and Data Services Librarian
Location: Multiple Locations, Library Services Group
Full vacancy announcement is available on the CUA SLIS blog.
We are always looking to expand our professional family. We welcome résumés for law librarian positions and library support staff.
We currently serve:
- Philadelphia Metropolitan area
- Wilmington Metropolitan area
- Baltimore/Washington, DC Metropolitan area
- Across the United States
Please submit your résumé or job inquiry to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Position: Head of Technical Services & E-Resources Librarian
Location: McDaniel College, Westminster, MD
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for a Head of Technical Services & E-Resources Librarian. Salary for this full-time, 12-month position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts with employer match, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College website for details.
A regular, professional position providing leadership for technical services and electronic resources management. This librarian manages the technical service areas of the library, including: Acquisitions, Serials, Cataloging, and Government Documents. Responsible for the maintenance of the Integrated Library System in coordination with the Carroll Library Partnership. Maintains the library website, discovery service, proxy, and related systems. Responsible for the development of electronic resources appropriate to the current and evolving curriculum needs of McDaniel College. Supervises three full-time staff and indirectly supervises student assistants. Participates with other librarians in providing reference, instruction, supporting collection development, liaison to assigned departments, and other duties as assigned. Occasional evening and weekend hours required. This position reports to the Library Director.
- Manages the Technical Services department.
- Provides leadership in collection development.
- Performs system administration duties for the Integrated Library System (ILS).
- Maintains the library website, discovery service, proxy, and related systems.
- Provides reference services.
- Provides instruction on the use and interpretation of information resources.
- Participates in library collection development.
- Participates in professional organizations and takes part in College academic activities.
- Participates as a member of the leadership team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position: Software Engineer
Location: Homewood Campus, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Salary: $69,140 – $95,005 annually
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist
Johns Hopkins University Libraries has an immediate opening for a front end developer to join our Library Applications Group, supporting commercial, open source, and locally developed systems and online services.
- Serve as primary designer and front end developer for patron-facing library systems, following agile, user-centric development approach, emphasizing accessibility and evidence-based design
- Contribute to a small, effective software team, following best practices for development, deployment, and documentation, emphasizing stability, reliability, and ease of maintenance
- Collaborate with vendors, open source software communities, and internal stakeholders to design, develop, deploy, maintain, and enhance front- and back-end systems supporting library services
- Provide prompt support for internal stakeholders by investigating and resolving problem reports
The front-end software engineer has responsibility for all aspects of the front-end software development lifecyle for multiple library systems and online services. Top goals are to improve user experience, system reliability, and data integrity.
Position: Custodian – Part-time
Location: Multiple Openings, Anne Arundel County Public Library
Salary: $13,005 – $22,924
Full vacancy announcement is available on the CUA SLIS blog.
ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY invites applications for the position of Custodian. AACPL’s 16 branches serve 573,000+ residents, with an annual circulation of over 5.2 million items. For more information about our services, visit our website at http://www.aacpl.net.
CAREER STAFF – Custodian – Part-time
- Grade 6F – 18.75 to 20 hours/week – Multiple Openings
- Salary Range – $13,005 – $22,924
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: One year of general custodial experience and educational training that results in knowledge of simple arithmetic and a reading and writing level necessary for successful job performance; or an equivalent combination of experience and training that has provided the knowledge, abilities, and skills listed in the job description.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: This is manual work of limited complexity in cleaning and maintaining library buildings; caring for and maintaining grounds, including basic care of lawns and landscaping; exterior maintenance; and performing minor maintenance and repair tasks. As emergency personnel, provides assistance during building and weather emergencies, including snow and ice removal.
- Necessary Special Requirement: Possession of a valid non-commercial Class C motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the State of Maryland and proof of a good driving record.
- The Library reserves the right to not fill a position if there is not a qualified candidate.
- TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and completed AACPL Employment Application Form to email@example.com. To download the AACPL employment application form and job description (Library Information/ Job Announcement) visit our website at http://www.aacpl.net. All required application materials must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., February 25, 2020.
- TIMETABLE: Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted no later than February 28, 2020. Interviews will be tentatively scheduled during the week of March 9, 2020. Tentative start date will be late-March 2020.
Anne Arundel County Public Library is committed to diversity in the workplace. Anne Arundel County Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Library’s policy is to treat all applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national or ancestral origin, sexual orientation, and/or disability in accordance with applicable laws. If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 410-222-7107, (www.mdrelay.org). February 2020