Position: Programming Coordinator
Location: Charles County Public Library, La Plata, MD
Salary: $52,509 annually
Originally posted on the Maryland Library Association listserv.
Charles County Public Library is a seeking qualified and experienced Programming Coordinator who, under the direction of the Assistant Director, coordinates with the Branch Managers and other library staff on all aspects of adult, teen, and children’s programming and exhibitions; handles planning, development, and implementation of programs; facilitates internal communications necessary for successful execution of programs; and serves as Youth Services Coordinator.
1. Coordinates all aspects of adult, teen, and children’s programming, exhibitions and outside program presenters; including planning and development.
2. Coordinates and follows through on ordering all materials for CCPL programs.
3. Works closely with Mobile Services Department, Public Services Librarians, Children’s Librarians, and Young Adult Librarians on collaborative programs for the library and in the community.
4. Schedules programming activities.
5. Oversees planning, development and implementation of programming in drawing customers to the library.
6. Performs duties of a youth services librarian including actively assisting in youth programming in the branches.
7. Maintains awareness of trends in youth services and issues affecting youth and communicates such to youth services staff and managers.
8. Participates in planning for the county with input from youth services staff.
9. Develops strategic partnerships and Serves as liaison to community agencies serving children and maintains regular contact with school librarians to ensure complementary services to students.
10. May write grants for funding of special projects.
11. May develop MOU’s for work with community groups and non-profit organizations.
12. Accountable for all monies dispersed for all branch programs.
13. Collects and analyzes statistical information and prepares regular reports for the Branch Managers, Marketing and Development Managers and Library Executive Director.
14. Researches and modifies ways to evaluate programs and services to garner the most accurate information.
15. Works closely with the Marketing Manager and the Development Manager to coordinate programs in the community.
16. Participates on the library management team, including participating in the performance evaluation process.
17. Coordinates the presentation of programs and collects data to prepare reports; maintains program records and evaluates outcomes. Makes recommendations based on outcomes.
18. Informs Branch Managers if there is a need to schedule staff for library programs.
19. Works with Branch Managers to communicate and coordinate programming policies, procedures, and departmental activities to the staff.
20. Professionally represents the library at community and organizational events that further
the library’s missions and goals.
21. Attends meetings and participates in committees and organizations that further the library’s mission and goals.
22. Keeps abreast of library developments by attending workshops and educational programs and reading periodicals and or specialized literature.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
Position: Library and Media Technician
Location: Carroll Community College, Westminster, MD
Originally posted on the Maryland Library Association listserv.
This position is responsible for the support, scheduling, and operation of the college’s Standard Definition cable channel (Channel 18) and for creating content and participating in support of the county’s shared High Definition channel. The Library and Media Technician will manage the media office, provide upkeep and maintenance of media equipment, supervise student employees, ensure delivery of media resources to classrooms, and work with Director and library faculty to explore new resources and services to provide to the college and community including creating, developing, and supporting social media services. Provide digital video production support for the college, including camera operation, direction, editing, distribution, and public online archiving of content. It reports to the Director of Library and Media Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Schedule, maintain, and program operation of cable television channel for college as well as contribute to and maintain video streams and digital archives.
- Produce digital video content of approved events, classes, and library resources. Includes directing, camera operation, editing, file conversion/creation, distribution, and public online archiving of content
- Provide general Media Services office coverage to respond to needs presented by walk-in, phone, and online form requests. Retrieve media items and equipment for staff/students and use the library catalog system for check in/check out of materials.
- Arrange delivery and pickup and/or personally deliver and pick up from classrooms and other locations the requested media and equipment at scheduled times.
- Process media software acquisitions. Includes quality check, recording and assigning of a call number, notation of closed captioning and subtitling, labeling, shelving, and production of Audiovisual Software Collection listing.
- Arrange for agreements with course content licensors for use of video material in online courses. Confirm and report course enrollments. Acquire, verify, and submit billings for payment.
- Participate as a member of the Community Media Center’s equipment and PEG partner work groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Position: Teaching and Outreach Librarian
Location: George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications, experience, and rank; not less than $57,000/year.
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
The Teaching and Outreach Librarian is a collaborative, student-centered teacher-librarian on the Teaching and Learning Team. The individual is responsible for providing library services such as information literacy instruction, research support, and outreach expertise for the Teaching and Learning Team’s academic and co-curricular partners. The position reports to the Lead, Teaching and Learning Team and works in an innovative and adaptive public service environment.
This individual works to expand and coordinate outreach and engagement activities for the Teaching and Learning Team and the Learning, Research and Engagement (LRE) division. This may include developing library events and programming, managing student orientations and retention events, and assisting with library marketing services. Additionally, this position manages the University Libraries’ InfoGuides workflow, maintenance, and assessment process.
The Teaching and Outreach Librarian will provide liaison services to assigned academic programs or departments, which includes information literacy instruction, student and faculty teaching/learning support, and may involve collection development responsibilities. The Teaching and Learning Team focuses on undergraduate education across the university, including (but not limited to) the Honors Program, the Communications Lab, Mason/NOVA ADVANCE, English Composition, the School of Integrative Studies, and the Bachelor of Individualized Study (BIS) program. As a member of the Teaching and Learning Team this individual will assist patrons in the use of teaching and/or research resources, and will provide general and specialized reference and research assistance.
The Teaching and Outreach Librarian will actively participate in the work of the Teaching and Learning Team, including participating in and contributing to team-based projects. In the absence of the Lead, Teaching and Learning Team, this individual may be asked to fulfill a senior librarian supervisor role and mediate and resolve issues as necessary.
This individual will also engage in professional development, scholarship and service in accordance with university/library standards for appointment renewal and promotion. This includes serving on committees, task forces, projects, etc. within the Mason University Libraries, and the university.