Position: Assistant Director
Location: Caroline County Public Library, Denton, MD
Salary Range: $72,150 hiring. Benefits include health and dental, and participation in the Maryland State Retirement System.
Originally posted on the Maryland Library Association listserv.
The Caroline County Public Library seeks a dynamic, innovative, community-oriented leader to serve as full-time Assistant Director. The Assistant Director must work effectively with staff, customers, trustees, Friends of the Library, and public officials. Successful candidate must have a passion for providing 21st century library service to a rural community, and must be able to quickly adapt to the changing needs of the community and the evolution of library services and technology. The Assistant Director assists the Executive Director in overseeing and managing day-to-day operation of the library system, and oversight of a number of staff, departments, projects and programs. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with superior ability to collaborate with library staff and community partners are required. High level of computer proficiency required.
Requirements: Qualified applicants must possess a MLS degree from an ALA accredited institution and either have or be eligible for a Professional Public Librarian Certification from Maryland State Department of Education; have at least five to seven years of directly related experience; possess a Maryland Class “C” drivers license or an equivalent from another state.
Application Process: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019. Resumes received after February 15, 2019 will not be considered.
View complete job description at: www.carolib.org
Position: Reference Librarian for LAC Group
Location: Prestigious Government Library, Greenbelt, MD
Originally posted on University of Maryland MLIS Jobs.
LAC Federal seeks a Reference Librarian for a position with a prestigious government library located in Greenbelt, MD. Work will be performed on-site. This is a 27-week assignment for 24 hours each week, candidates must be able to work onsite Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Providing reference assistance, library instruction for print and electronic resources, collection development and the creation of bibliographies.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an institution accredited by the ALA; or degree in progress
- Experience working in a customer service capacity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to work well in a team
- Experience in providing reference services through regular duty at the reference desk and by responding to virtual information requests using a variety of databases
- Ability to learn quickly, be adaptable, and take on new tasks
- Thorough knowledge and experience in cataloging workflows; Experience with RDA, OCLC, MARC21 and other standards used in cataloging preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail; demonstrated organizational skills.