Position: Research Analyst (Virtual)
Location: LAC Group
Originally posted on LLSDC Job Listings.
LAC Group is seeking a full-time, experienced, Research Analyst, to work virtually for our Library as a Service (LaaS) platform. The Research Analyst will join a team of researchers in staffing a busy and diverse virtual research desk, performing and managing requests for legal, corporate, business development and other research from LaaS clients. All research and communication will be performed online and by phone, using both paid databases and open sources. The Research Analyst will report directly to the Director of Research & Intelligence and work with other analysts to complete research requests in a timely, professional, and cost effective manner. Research will be delivered directly to clients using a virtual reference desk platform. This is a full-time virtual position.
- Perform legal, corporate, business development and other research for LaaS clients using both paid databases (Westlaw, Lexis, Avention, etc.) and open sources (web searches, government databases, phone research, etc.)
- Communicate progress and research findings directly to client clearly and concisely
- Work with clients to clarify research objectives when necessary and provide follow-up on research requests
- Maintain current understanding of research methods and tools, including databases
- Keep Deputy Director apprised of research activities, client concerns, and issues that arise in the course of research
- Work with other Research Analysts to provide seamless service to clients even when working on complex and long-term projects
- Provide training and updates to research team regarding ongoing client projects
- On occasion, manage small research teams to accomplish more complex research objectives for clients
- Manage database access and other resources used for research
- Other duties as the arise according to client requests
Location: Westat, Rockville, MD
Full vacancy announcement is available on the CUA SLIS blog.
Westat is seeking a librarian with demonstrated experience in conducting complex bibliographic database searches and other in-depth research. This position is based in Rockville, MD.
- Provide expert literature search services, including systematic reviews, for published and grey literature in a variety of subject areas (e.g., health, education, social sciences).
- Develop sound search strategies, execute searches, and document search methods both independently and in collaboration with other librarians.
- Manage search results with bibliographic software programs (e.g., Reference Manager, EndNote).
- Assist with legislative monitoring and business development activities.
- Evaluate and search bibliographic, news, and business resources.
- Communicate effectively with requestors to understand, guide, and meet their research needs.
- Respond to complex reference questions.
- Develop promotional and training materials and conduct effective training in the use of research tools.
- Other special projects, as assigned.
To apply go to: https://www.westat.com/careers/professional-positions and enter 14725BR in the Job ID field.