Position: Customer Experience Manager
Location: Howard County Library System, Ellicott City, MD
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
Description: The Customer Experience Manager is responsible for conceptualizing, developing and implementing enhancements to educational experiences and services to exceed customers’ expectations and advance the mission and vision of Howard County Library System
- Positions Howard County Library System (HCLS) as a major component of public education for all ages
- Effectively lives the Seven Pillars of HCLS’ strategic plan (Authentic Values, Strategic Vocabulary, Everyone a Leader, Winning Teamwork, Community Partnerships, The Power of Us, and Fiercely Loyal Customers), motivating others to do so as well
- Fully embraces HCLS’ educational mission, effectively communicating our curriculum, which comprises Three Pillars (Self-Directed Education, Research Assistance & Instruction, Instructive & Enlightening Experiences)
- Proactively employs a range of methods to engage customers and gather information that will be used to optimize their experience
- Directs the design and implementation of initiatives to advance customer service and experience
- Develops and implements quantitative and qualitative measures to ensure service and experience exceeds customers’ expectations
- Conducts studies and research to discover new tools, technologies and products to serve customers
- Makes recommendations regarding resource allocation or service modifications based on data analysis
- Contributes to the design of facilities and points of service to promote customer-centric organization of space and resources
- Teaches Service is Personal, the HCLS customer service philosophy, during the onboarding process
- Collaborates with managers at all levels to advance customer service and experience
- Ensures customers receive timely, personalized, accurate and thorough responses to questions, concerns and recommendations communicated through askhcls (email)
- Serves as a member of the Leadership Team, contributes to the strategic plan, provides input on policies, procedures, initiatives and decisions
- Participates in continuing education events (seminars, workshops, conferences, online) to strengthen knowledge and skills
Position: Public Services Librarian
Location: Chesapeake College, Wye Mills, MD
Originally posted on the Maryland Library Association listserv.
Chesapeake College is currently accepting cover letters and resumes for the following replacement position: Public Services Librarian
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for leading and teaching in the information literacy and embedded librarian programs, staffing the library service desk, and participating in intra-divisional projects. It has oversight of public services areas such as but not limited to information literacy, reference, outreach, and library service desk staff. Serves as Foundation Center representative.
Required: MLS from an ALA accredited program. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong oral and written skills. Strong service orientation. Ability to work collegially and collaboratively. Experience with Microsoft Office software. A minimum of two (2) years in classroom instruction, electronic information retrieval, development of instructional materials, resource evaluation, and library reference work. Experience working with electronic resources in an academic library, teaching information literacy, experience in reference, and experience working with library technology preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Thursday, November 15, 2018.
Chesapeake College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities and Women are encouraged to Apply
Position: Librarian, Partnership & Programs
Location: Arlington County’s Central Library, Arlington, VA
Salary: $56,243.20 – $90,001.60 (Yearly Salary)
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
Description: Arlington County’s Central Library is seeking a Librarian with a passion for programming and exemplary customer service, to help shape the future of the Library’s public programming and partnerships.
Specific duties include:
- Overseeing programming for the new library bookmobile in coordination with programming staff county-wide;
- Working with a system-wide team to plan and deliver programming;
- Working with internal and county partners to create new initiatives and building partnerships with area organizations and businesses;
- Managing the library’s volunteer program and coordinating with branch volunteer coordinators;
- Collecting, collating, and organizing statistics for presentations and reports; and
- Operating the library’s bookmobile.
The ideal candidate will be creative, community-focused, energetic, possess strong collaboration, leadership, and communication skills and be knowledgeable about current and emerging trends in programming and creating partnerships in public libraries.
Requirements: Minimum: Master’s Degree in Library Science or Information Science from an ALA accredited college or university and up to three years of experience serving in a Librarian role that included developing, implementing, coordinating and promoting library programs and services.
Applicants may be hired up to the senior level which requires 3 years, or may be hired at lower levels with 1 year required at entry level and two years required at the journey level.
Desirable experience: Preference will be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Coordinating volunteers and staff members work;
- Delivering innovative programing; and
- Providing customer service, with a strong background in doing outreach to the community.