Position: Part-time Librarian (Book Mobile)
Location: Baltimore County Public Library: Department of Adult and Community Engagement, Baltimore, MD
Salary: $18.59-$24.41/hour, commensurate with experience.
Full vacancy announcement is available on CUA SLIS blog.
At Baltimore County Public Library, staff members have the opportunity to enrich individual lives and build strong communities by delivering exceptional customer experiences, establishing meaningful partnerships, developing innovative learning environments, and creating gracious library spaces. We circulate over 10 million items and provide library services through our 19 branches, 4 mobile library vehicles and a growing virtual online presence. If you are enthusiastic, self-motivated, and open to new ideas consider joining the Baltimore County Public as a Part-time Librarian.
- Assists customers at their point of need to find answers to a broad range of questions by using appropriate resources
- Uses technology to serve customers and to streamline workflow, provides technology-related instruction
- Guides customers in selecting appropriate materials for reading/viewing/listening
- Understands and implements departmental, branch and system policies and procedures
- Merchandises the library’s shared collection, may perform collection maintenance duties
- May plan and present library-related programs and engagement opportunities to adults and in the community
- May serve as the librarian in charge in consultation with a circulation staff member, including handling customer issues, and providing follow up to the management team
- May build and maintain relationships with diverse community partners, government agencies, and businesses that share a common mission
- May serve on department or system level teams
- MLS from an accredited ALA school or completion of Library Associate Training Institute, or a bachelor’s degree and six months of related experience
- Knowledge of Library organization and operation
- Knowledge of print, electronic and online information resources
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with customers, community groups and co-workers
- Ability to plan, organize and present a variety of activities and presentations
- Ability to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills
- Must pass a post offer criminal background check
Send an email to email@example.com and attach two documents: 1) a completed BCPL employment application which you can find on our website www.bcpl.jobs and 2) your cover letter and resume as one PDF document. Include your last name in the title of the documents. Indicate the job title Part-Time Librarian-ACE in the subject line of your email.
Documents must be received no later than July 26, 2018.
Vacancy #: 2019-005
Position: Technical Information Specialist
Location: National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD
Salary: $56,233 to $106,012 per year
Full vacancy announcement is available on USAJOBS.
Several positions are located in the Division of Library Operations (DLO):
- National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR);
- Technical Services Division (TSD), Collection Development and Acquisitions Section (CDAS);
- Public Services Division (PSD), Reference and Web Services Section (RWSS);
- Bibliographic Services Division (BSD), Index Section (IS) and MEDLARS Management Section (MMS).
As a Technical Information Specialist, you will:
- Be responsible for the daily operations of one or more automated processing systems and any of the scheduled production jobs, batch processes or updates that are performed as part of the acquisitions and bibliographic control functions.
- Apply knowledge of library operating procedures, online files and processing procedures, system analysis techniques and bibliographic control standards to the solution of technical processing problems to improve operating efficiency.
- Review processes and make recommendation to senior management for modifications that improve the efficiency of operations and/or the quality of products.
- Prepare documentation for computer applications developed including user manuals, special instructions, and articles for publications describing files and processes.
- Serve as one of the principal liaisons to computer specialists and as a technical resource for cooperative efforts to integrate data with other library automation projects in the library.
- Review standards for machine-readable formats, electronic data exchange, representation of holdings data, etc., and make recommendations related to practices and adherence to the appropriate national and international standards.
Position: Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: LAC Group, Washington, D.C.
Full vacancy announcement is available on the LLSDC Jobline.
LAC Group seeks an experienced Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join a successful team of researchers and analysts supporting and participating in business development for a global energy/oil company. Responsibilities will include participating and contributing to business development projects, preparing actionable deliverables, compiling updating heat maps on various topics related to alternative fuels, upstream/downstream oil & energy production, and related intellectual property. Projects will include working with business development teams and contribute to new and on-going projects. Research requests will cover business & competitive intelligence, oil and gas (upstream/downstream), energy emerging technologies, patent research, alternative fuels and related topics. This is a virtual position without the need to travel to an office on a regular basis, however there will be some travel to client sites and conferences and there is a regular Monday-Friday work schedule (including internal and team-based video conferencing).
- Independently conduct comprehensive searches on technical and business topics for the research and development staff.
- Produce and distribute curated alerting bulletins covering technical subjects of recurring interest to the company – especially in the areas of hydrocarbon processing, petrochemicals and biofuels.
- Monitor new developments and commercial activities of competitor companies in key emerging technologies.
- Provide analysis of above search/monitoring results to create periodic reports, including graphical representations and summary conclusions.
- Interact with senior staff to help assess information/resource needs and suggest projects or services where the analyst team can best meet those needs.
- Present research results and graphical analysis to staff, e.g., via Skype and other desktop technologies.
- Work with other team members to implement and sustain information services, content and applications, including those linked to website and delivered via SharePoint.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in technical information research and/or analysis. Experience/knowledge of the energy, gas, petroleum industries is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemistry or closely related science.
- Experience with databases/search services including: STN Express, Chemical Abstracts, Derwent World Patents Index, Compendex, EnCompLit, EnCompPat, Dow-Jones Factiva, Elsevier Scopus and MineSoft PatBase.
- Familiarity with tools such as Tableau, Manzama, SAS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; business writing skills a must. (NOTE: writing sample will be required)
- Flexible attitude, team player.