Electronic Resources Management Specialist
Location: American University, Washington, DC
Salary Range: $19.51 – $21.93/hr
Full vacancy announcement is available on the CUA SLIS blog.
The E-Resources Management Specialist works independently within the Electronic Resources Management Unit to provide support for all of the Library’s electronic resources, including journals, databases, e-books, datasets, and aggregator collections via the library’s Electronic Resource Management System, OCLC WorldShare, LibGuides, and EZProxy. The position’s primary responsibilities include maintenance of resource and license records in the ERMS and OCLC WorldShare, management of e-resource usage data collection and reporting, maintaining archival units for the LOCKSS server, maintaining definitions on the EZProxy server, working with the Electronic Resources Management Unit to troubleshoot end-user access issues.
- The Electronic Resources Management Specialist reports directly to the Electronic Resources Librarian, together with the Electronic Resources Specialist
- This position works as part of the Electronic Resources Management Unit
- This position provides direct support for the library’s growing electronic collections, which currently represent approximately 80% of the library’s materials budget
- E-collections support student and faculty research from across campus, as well as from any remote location with sufficient Internet access
- As the university expands its global and distance learning programs and emphasis on research activities and initiatives, the library’s e-collections will be an important service component to ever growing populations of users
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: 35-Nonexempt, Specialist
Salary Range: $19.51 – $21.93/hr
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or the equivalent in education, training and experience working in libraries or organizations with a public service focus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing programs, and the Internet
- Basic understanding of information technology systems, including networks and Internet browsers
- Initiative and desire to learn
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with library resources, systems, and services, specifically library databases and electronic journal collections, link resolvers, ERMS, and library information technology
For more information and to apply please click here.
Position: Circulation Assistant IV
Location: Perry Hall Branch, Baltimore County Public Library
Salary: $33,076 to $43,563 per year, commensurate with experience
Originally posted on the Maryland Library Association listserv.
At Baltimore County Public Library (BCPL), staff members have the opportunity to enrich individual lives and build strong communities by delivering exceptional customer experiences, establishing meaningful partnerships and creating gracious library spaces. We circulate over 10 million items and provide library services through our 19 branches, four mobile library vehicles and a growing virtual online presence. We contribute to the success of Baltimore County by being a place that supports diversity and inclusion through acceptance, dialogue and collaboration. If you are enthusiastic, self-motivated and open to new ideas, consider joining the Baltimore County Public Library team as a full-time Circulation Assistant IV.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes four weeks of vacation, sick and personal leave, subsidized health care coverage, pension eligibility and other benefits.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of part-time circulation staff
- Trains, supervises and evaluates part-time circulation staff
- Coordinates work assignments, communicates changes in the workplace and assists with schedules
- As a member of the Circulation Management team, is responsible for engaging and empowering part-time circulation staff and enhancing their involvement in branch-wide goals and the library’s strategic plan
- In collaboration with the Circulation Management team, guides and prepares part-time circulation staff for promotional opportunities
- Assists customers with a variety of circulation transactions such as self-service technology, materials checkout, account concerns, payment collection and permits
- Assists with record keeping and fiscal management
- Participates on branch and system-wide teams and assists with branch services and programs
- Performs various administrative, circulation and library services related tasks
- Serves as staff member in charge at the customer service desk in the absence of a manager
- May handle building or equipment concerns, security issues and emergency situations
- High school diploma; some college level coursework is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of library circulation operations normally acquired through two years of progressively increasing responsibility and work experience in a library environment; supervisory experience is preferred
- Able to communicate in an effective and professional manner, verbally and in writing, with staff and customers
- Proficient with Polaris, Microsoft Office applications, cloud applications such as Google Drive, Schedule 3W and using iPads to perform work-related tasks
- Demonstrates creativity, flexibility and good judgment in finding solutions to workplace problems and identifying better ways to provide service
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer experiences and able to build productive work relationships with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to stand and walk for lengthy periods of time and the ability to bend, lift up to 25 pounds and push or pull a wheeled cart weighing up to 100 pounds
- Ability to travel throughout the system and work a variety of schedules that include evenings and weekends
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach two documents:
1. A completed BCPL employment application, which you can find on our website www.bcpl.jobs
2. Your cover letter and resume as one PDF document
Include your last name in the title of the documents. Indicate the job title and location Circulation Assistant IV at Perry Hall in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: 07/09/2018