Position: Law Library Aide, Part-Time
Location: Montgomery County Circuit Court Law Library, Rockville, MD
Closing Date: April 27, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.
Originally posted on the LLAM listserv.
The Law Library Aide performs duties associated with maintaining records and the collection for the Circuit Court Law Library and provides the highest standard of service to judges, litigants, attorneys, and courthouse staff. The employee in this position must recognize that visitors to the Court may be under significant stress and ensure they are treated with dignity and discretion. Information obtained in the course of the performance of these duties may be confidential or private in nature.
The Library Aide reports directly to the Law Librarian and Assistant Law Librarian and is ultimately responsible to the Court Administrator.
EXAMPLE OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
To be successful, the employee in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and does not prescribe or restrict various additional diversified tasks and assignments that may be required by Judicial Officers and/or the Court Administrator.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accurately and efficiently process books, including labeling, shelving, and filing.
- Work with the library’s integrated library system to check in serials and monographs, control record quality, perform inventories, and run reports.
- Keep the library collections up-to-date and orderly. Assist library staff with writing, updating, and restocking information guides.
- Perform research and reference services on an as-needed basis, including accessing on-line databases and print sources as required by judges, court personnel, attorneys, and the public, both in person, through email, chat sessions, and over the telephone.
- Maintain the libraries of the judges, magistrates, courtrooms and other court departments.
- Maintain the law library’s conference room reservations calendar.
- Perform data entry and maintain library databases.
- Complete on-going library projects and assist with special law library events.