Position: Knowledge & Research Analyst
Location: Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, Washington, DC
Originally posted on LLSDC Job Listings.
- Responsible for researching and providing information, analysis and expertise to attorneys and staff in all practice areas of the firm.
- Analyzes legal, corporate and general resources and communicates findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Helps plan and implement department outreach, training and orientation programs.
- Assists with the evaluation and recommendation of new information resources.
- Supports research and Knowledge Management initiatives for firm attorneys and staff across the globe, incorporating new technology.
- Performs ready reference and in-depth research on legal, corporate and other topics using online and print resources.
- Uses question and answer skills to conduct effective reference interviews.
- Distills research results into clear and concise reports of findings.
- Creates and maintains new business alert services that identify matters of interest to existing and potential clients.
- Creates and maintains current awareness alert services.
- Works independently and with the Knowledge Strategy (KS) team and selected practice areas to choose, collect, organize, maintain, and update content for practice area websites and databases.
- Provides attorneys with access to and encourages the effective use of internal and external knowledge resources.
- Disseminates knowledge resources via firm-wide intranet and databases to attorneys.
- Collaborates with practice group leaders and other attorneys to design effective KS websites and databases.
- Establishes relationships with attorneys to promote awareness of KS initiatives and to solicit their participation.
- Uses workflow software for the distribution and recording of research requests.
- Monitors email on firm-issued mobile devices while out of the office and during off hours and coordinates with staff in the Washington, DC and other offices to complete pending requests.
- Ensures continuity of Research & Knowledge Services operations during supervisor absences.
Position: Deputy Director, NLS/BPH
Location: National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Washington, DC
Salary: $126,148 to $189,600 per year
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
The incumbent serves as the Deputy Director, NLS/BPH and as such reports to the Director, NLS/BPH on all NLS/BPH program matters. In close coordination with the Director, the incumbent manages the development of policy changes and organizational changes driven by mission, information technology and/or other external factors and through subordinate managers. The incumbent provides a wide range of analytical, technical, managerial, and advisory functions related to the administrative programs within NLS/BPH.
This position is located in the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, National Programs Directorate, National and International Outreach, Taylor Street Annex.
Position: Library Technician (Collections)
Location: Geography and Map Division, Collections Management Team, Library Services, Library of Congress, Washington, DC
Salary: $37,113 to $48,249 per year
Full vacancy announcement available on USAJOBS.
The Library Technician services materials from all of the Division’s collections including the rarities vault. The technician is responsible for the daily file and retrieval of collections materials. The technician answers inquiries regarding all of the division’s collections, processing projects and procedures, and the status of materials in processing. The technician resolves problems related to materials that are difficult to locate. In addition to a thorough knowledge of the division’s collections and processing procedures, the technician also has a comprehensive knowledge of phase conservation procedures and techniques performed in the division. The incumbent assists specialists and reference staff in aiding patrons, locating and preparing materials for exhibit and preparing finding aids. The technician notifies specialists, reference and cataloging team members of new and significant acquisitions and assists senior catalogers by performing preliminary cataloging of specific items and collections. The incumbent assists in the training of new technicians and temporary staff assigned to the Collections Management Team.
Position: Adult Services Manager
Location: Beatley Central Library, Alexandria Library, Alexandria, VA
Salary: $59,674 – $81,773
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
The Alexandria Library is looking for an enthusiastic individual to lead its Adult Services team. The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service skills and the desire to contribute to a busy, main library. Under the direction of the Central Library Manager, this position is responsible for supervising the activities of the Adult Services Department, including overseeing system wide Interlibrary and Sunday service, training and evaluating personnel, developing technology initiatives, planning programs, collection development and a variety of duties that require a thorough knowledge of adult services.