Location: Major Law Firm, Washington, DC
Originally posted on LLSDC Job Listings.
LibSource, a LAC Group company, seeks a Generalist Librarian for a major law firm client with a busy library in their Washington DC office. The Librarian will be required to coordinate technical services and collection maintenance, respond to research requests, and perform cataloging and basic support functions. This is a full-time position which functions as part of a larger library team dispersed across four office locations. The candidate will be expected to collaborate and work in a distributed environment.
- Perform legal research using electronic and print resources via the library’s portal site.
- Maintain library collection by sorting, shelving and organizing print publications and filing pocket parts, supplements and loose- leaf sets.
- Check-in and route materials using library catalog.
- Modify and update catalog records according to set criteria to change location, holdings, etc.
- Search and retrieve records in OCLC and the ILS and assist in their processing.
- Respond to research requests and assist in locating books and publications.
- Perform related tasks as assigned and participate in special projects as necessary.
- Print and affix labels.
- Perform clerical tasks such as cataloging, data entry, generating reports and processing invoices
Position: Library Technician
Location: Department of the Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, Quantico, VA
Salary: $45,972 to $59,762 per year
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS.
You will serve as a LIBRARY TECHNICIAN(OA) in the Library of the Marine Corps of TRAINING AND EDUCATION COMMAND.
- You will locate library materials (e.g., books, periodicals, pamphlets, reserve materials, microfilms) for faculty, students, and staff.
- You will use knowledge of cataloging rules (e.g., Anglo-American Cataloging Rules, 2nd edition) to establish a proper process in the cataloging of the library.
- You will operate automated areas of the library (e.g., cataloging, circulation, acquisitions, serials) to answer customer’s inquiries on library material.
- You will use the integrated library system (ILS) circulation module to check in and out materials.
- You will operate computer software for highly specialized technical information, research, and cataloging.