Position: Digital Services Librarian
Location: Alexandria Library, Alexandria, VA
Full vacancy announcement available at ALA JobLIST.
The Alexandria Library is dedicated to delivering exceptional digital and virtual services to our customers. We are seeking an innovative professional to continue the development of the Library’s website, digital collections and content. This position is responsible for web development, third party integration and technology support.
- Develops, delivers, evaluates and improves digital services.
- Provides vision and leadership in maintaining the Library’s website.
- Plans, generates and manages website content and coordinates the efforts of other staff members regarding content creation.
- Manages all virtual services provided by the Library through its website to include digital collections (e.g. e-books and databases)
- Collaborates with the Communications Office regarding social media strategy including Facebook, YouTube, twitter.
- Makes recommendations for new technologies for both the staff and public.
- Plans and coordinates staff training related to digital services.
- Assists with digitization projects related to Library collections.
- Stays abreast of technology trends and their application to public library services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Considerable knowledge of web technology, social networking and online trends.
- Knowledge of standard public library resources, services, techniques and practices.
- Experience designing and delivery training.
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a positive manner.
- Experience in a library or educational setting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science, Information Technology or related field and experience with website development and maintenance.
- Two years of experience in a library setting is preferred.