Position: Branch Manager I
Location: Havre De Grace Branch, Harford County Public Library
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
Posted: December 6, 2017; for Best Consideration Apply By – January 12, 2018 (open until filled)
COMPENSATION: Starting salary: Commensurate with experience; Grade 13.
NATURE OF WORK: Responsible for assisting with managing the operations, activities, and staff of the branch; directly supervises hourly reference staff, including reference substitutes and volunteers as assigned; oversees the training of reference staff; provides reference, collection and reader’s advisory services to the public in all service areas; works on reference desk as required. Performs other duties as assigned. Meets minimum public service hours as defined by Library
Position: Special Reference and Research Librarian
Location: Cadence Group- Silver Spring, MD
Full vacancy announcement is available on the CUA SLIS blog.
- Evaluate information needs and perform reference interviews to clarify keywords to be used in searches; construct search strategies
- Conduct complex searches and perform research, efficiently searching a variety of specialized databases such as the National Library of Medicine’s PubMed, ProQuest Dialog, Federal Research In Progress (FEDRIP), Biosciences Information Service (BIOSIS), Excerpta Medical Database (EMBASE), National Agricultural Library’s Online Catalog (AGRICOLA), Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) and Biomedical Research Database (BRD), and others in support of protocol development
- Provide results of the searches and ensure search results are available online for future reference
- Make relevant literature resources available by providing timely access to biomedical information regardless of original format or location
- Participate in staff training, professional development, and other library-oriented education
- Assist with the creation and production of user education material to aid in teaching others how to use the special library’s services
- Hold responsibility for library webpage updates and webpage content management
- Assist in developing policies and procedures and make recommendations for the betterment of the library
- Participate in library outreach and marketing activities
- Assist with public relations activities including creation of flyers, signs, newsletters, displays, etc.
- Provide reference desk coverage
Position: Librarian II and Librarian III
Location: Owings Mills Branch, Baltimore County Public Library
Librarian II Salary: Annualized Salary: $39,914 – 53,506
Librarian III Salary: Annualized Salary: $44,023. – $58,967
Originally posted on the Maryland Library Association listserv.
Assists customers in finding answers to a broad range of questions through use of print and on-line resources
Guides customers in selecting appropriate materials for reading/viewing/listening either for personal pleasure or
Assists customers with technology related requests for service including e-reader devices
Develops and maintains a portion of the Library’s collection
Plans and presents library-related programs and outreach services
Serves on teams and committees within the branch and system-wide
As needed, serves as Librarian in Charge by handling customer complaints and resolving facilities issues
Supports innovation by embracing change, being flexible and anticipating customers’ needs
Demonstrates initiative by being a self-starter, rethinking processes, and effectively solving problems
Demonstrates a commitment to teamwork by being an effective communicator and engaging in respectful and
productive work relationships
Actively pursues continuous learning by participating in training opportunities and sharing knowledge in the