Position: Program Specialist
Location: Library of Congress- Washington, DC
Salary: $94,796 to $123,234 per year
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481495500
The program specialist reports directly to the Supervisory Program Specialist and provides guidance and support on various operational assignments, programs and projects. The incumbent is responsible for organizational efficiency and management, performance management, telework, and staff development programs. The position draws upon an expert knowledge of program management, position management and management analysis techniques and theories to provide guidance and planning in a wide variety of program planning activities. The incumbent independently identifies problems and solutions; chairs meetings, committees or other collaborative ventures; and, examines and recommends actions for various highly complex programs and operations.
Position: Digital Librarian/Collections Analyst
Location: Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education (CAISE)- Washington, DC
Originally posted on University of Maryland blogMLIS.
The Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education (CAISE) is dedicated to advancing the fields of informal science education (ISE) and science communication by supporting and building on the rich diversity of projects supported by the Advancing Informal STEM Learning (AISL) program of the National Science Foundation (NSF). Under a cooperative agreement with NSF, the Center provides resources to practitioners, researchers, and evaluators across ISE sectors, including science centers and museums, transmedia, youth and community programs, cyber learning and gaming, and other settings and environments, as well as to those involved in science communication or public engagement with science activities.
One of CAISE’s key activities is InformalScience.org, a repository that contains descriptions of funded grants, evaluation reports, research, and grey literature from the informal STEM learning field. The Digital Librarian is responsible for overseeing, curating, and disseminating this resource, and reports to the Project Director.
● Work closely with CAISE co-PIs, staff and advisors, and NSF program directors to provide resources, connectivity and infrastructure for designers, researchers and evaluators of informal STEM learning and science communication settings and experiences
● Work with NSF AISL-funded co-Principal Investigators from the NSF AISL program in order to update their resources, profiles and dissemination materials on InformalScience.org
● Ongoing collection development for database/repository
● Catalog submitted and curated project, evaluation and research materials using a customized metadata schema
● Primary point person for all internal and external member/user interface with the InformalScience.org website
● Outreach activities including writing blog posts, leading webinars, updating social media, and presenting at relevant conferences
● Website content management, including news & views, calendar and community pages
● Create curated landing pages for informal STEM education and science communication sectors to provide quick relevant access to topics within the collection
● Manage web-related vendor contracts, including the web development contract
● Proactively research and propose future improvements for InformalScience.org, and oversee their implementation
● Respond to queries from the informal STEM learning and science communication communities
● Collect and analyze data, statistics and analytics about website and resource use for evaluation and measurement purposes
● Participate in Association of Science-Technology Centers’ (ASTC) staff meetings and activities as required by Project DIrector
● Other duties as assigned by Project Director