Position: Research Librarian (Government and Finance)
Location: Library of Congress- Washington, DC
Salary: $66,510 to $86,460 per year
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481002800
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) seeks two Research Librarians for the Research & Library Services Section of the Government & Finance Division. The section broadly supports the work of Congress in issue areas including congressional administration and process; elections; executive branch management, organization, and oversight; federalism and emergency management; government budgeting and appropriations; insurance and banking; judicial branch operations; and taxation.
This Research Librarian position will provide research and library services to CRS policy analysts and congressional clients, focusing on the areas of government and finance generally and in particular congressional administration and process; elections; and executive branch management, organization, and oversight.
Candidates with a Master of Library Science (MLS) or equivalent degree and background working in a library, information center, or research organization are encouraged to apply. Previous experience with public speaking in an instructional capacity is desired.
CRS works exclusively for the United States Congress, providing policy and legal analysis to committees and Members of both the House and Senate, regardless of party affiliation. As a legislative branch agency within the Library of Congress, CRS has been a valued and respected resource on Capitol Hill for more than a century.
CRS is well known for analysis that is authoritative, confidential, objective and nonpartisan. Its highest priority is to ensure that Congress has immediate access to the nation’s best thinking on public policy issues of interest to its Members and Committees.
Position: Librarian (Electronic Services)
Location: Department of Labor- Washington, DC
Salary: $79,720 to $103,639 per year
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480859300
This position is located in the Department of Labor, Wirtz Labor Library (WLL), the mission of the Wirtz Labor Library (WLL) is to maintain and access information resource base and a configuration of information services in support of Departmental programs, Departmental agencies and offices, and the officers and staff of the Department.
- Plans, implements, and manages a number of complex library computer systems, including the integrated library system, online card catalog, and digitization process to include the digital asset management system.
- Identifies and analyzes library automation requirements for the various functional areas of the library.
- Works with the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and serves as Authorized Agency Approver for Employee Computer Network (ECN) actions that require signature and as the Point of Contact on all modifications and upgrades to computer systems.
- Recommends improvements to the in-house automation systems development in the areas specifically related to public services, and reference.
- Communicates orally in order to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, team members, and other persons within the Wirtz Labor Library, other Federal libraries, non-Federal libraries, and institutes and organizations.
- Provides guidance to patrons and staff on system-related matters.
- Participates in and supports the development of exhibits, brochures, surveys and related projects, which foster the use of the Library.
- Develops and establishes guidelines and parameters to meet library information technology requirements.
Position: E Discovery Specialist
Location: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation- Washington, DC
Salary: $88,296 to $143,276 per year
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480998100
This position is located in the Legal Division, Litigation and Resolutions Branch, Professional Liability and Financial Crimes Section of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides legal advice and counsel on professional liability claims arising from failed financial institutions for which the Corporation acts as receiver or liquidator.
- Conducts legal research using library references, files, corporate records, private and governmental studies, computer databases, and other pertinent sources to supply needed legal or factual information for inclusion in memoranda, directives and pleadings.
- Analyzes data, develops recommendations and justifications for the attorneys for use in interpretation and advisory requests, or in complex litigation cases.
- Prepares legal memoranda and correspondence reflecting relevant facts, sources, legal authorities and citations.
- Assists in drafting legal documents such as subpoenas, trial exhibits and/or witness preparation.
- Assists in locating, organizing and producing ESI and maintaining electronic systems for collecting and processing ESI.
- Tracks and maintains databases, and prepares various case status reports for cases in litigation. Conducts analyses and prepares graphs and tables to illustrate results.
Position: Reference Services Librarian
Location: National Society Daughters of the American Revolution- Washington, DC
Salary: $45,000.00 – $52,000.00 (Yearly Salary)
Full vacancy announcement available on the ALA Joblist.
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, a non-profit membership organization, has a full time opening for a library professional to serve as the main Reference Services Librarian in the DAR Library.
The National Headquarters located across from the Ellipse, near the White House, at 1776 D Street, is well known as the home of Constitution Hall and Memorial Continental Hall, both National Historic Landmarks. It includes the DAR Library, one of the nation’s premier genealogical research centers and is ranked as one of the most important national institutions based on the uniqueness of sources. Many thousands of volumes of genealogical compilations, record abstracts, and other materials such as family histories, cemetery record transcriptions, and Bible records are available only at the DAR Library.
The Reference Services Librarian will have the opportunity to provide genealogical reference services to researchers in the DAR Library and contribute their skills in educational programming, development of web-content, and collection development.
The successful candidate will also have a genuine passion, interest in and knowledge of genealogical and American historical research, and a genuine desire to share their passion and expertise with others.
Position: Library Project Manager
Location: LAC- Federal (Federal Government Agency Library)- Washington, DC
Full vacancy announcement is available on the CUA SLIS blog.
LAC Federal seeks a dynamic and experienced Library Project Manager for a long-term contract with a prestigious federal government agency’s library, located in Washington, D.C. This position will oversee all contract personnel in the library and provide technical and reference assistance services to the agency. These services are integral to providing agency staff, grantees, program contractors, other agencies, and the public with access to information resources. This individual will work onsite be responsible for scheduling, ensuring overall quality control of work, and delivering timely services performed by library employees. This is full-time, 40 hour per week, fully benefited position and is an excellent opportunity for an information professional with strong leadership abilities.