Position: Executive Officer
Location: Institute of Museum and Library Services, Washington, DC
Salary: $124,406 to $172,100 per year
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480296000
This position is that of Executive Officer, Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). The Executive Officer reports to the Director and has responsibilities as delegated by the Director for the management of certain programmatic-related functions central to IMLS’s mission, including developing and coordinating plans and goals, overseeing special projects and initiatives, and ensuring follow-through implementation and courses of action.
Working closely with the agency’s Leadership Team, this position:
- Oversees the planning, development, assessment, integration, and execution of essential programmatically-related activities and strategies, as assigned;
- Furthers the agency’s advancement towards a portfolio management strategy for investing resources to achieve the agency’s goals;
- Helps to proactively plan, organize, and track interdependent agency work streams through the use of project management, decision-making strategies, tools and technologies;
- Manages programmatic and related policy matters on behalf of the Director as assigned;
- Ensures that the Director remains fully apprised of the status of matters the Director deems high priority, sensitive and/or essential;
- Engages in leadership, matrix management, and advisory roles as assigned, thereby facilitating the coordination and effectiveness of agency functions and of related communications and information flow; and
- Oversees special projects and initiatives.