Position: Data Services Librarian
Location: George Washington University Libraries – Washington, DC
Full vacancy announcement is available on ALA Joblist.
The George Washington University Libraries & Academic Innovation (GWLAI) is seeking nominations and applications for a Data Services Librarian (rank I/II/III). The successful candidate will lead the development and provision of services in the discovery, use, and preservation of data. Working closely with faculty, students, librarians, and researchers, the Data Services Librarian builds relationships in order to support research and teaching with a focus on promoting and providing data services for finding, manipulating, analyzing, and managing data through research consultations, classroom instruction, and other programming. The selected candidate will help researchers address relevant management issues related to the research data lifecycle including creating data management plans; developing preservation and storage plans for research data; selecting and using data repositories for archiving and sharing; and meeting funding requirements for data integrity and access.
- ALA-accredited MLS in library or information science or other advanced degree with relevant experience by date of appointment.
- Familiarity with data discovery, analytical techniques, and statistical methodologies.
- Experience or demonstrated potential supporting faculty and other researchers with research that involves data services, grant proposal development, and data management.
- Familiarity with local and national data repositories and data management plans.
- Demonstrated understanding of scholarly communication trends, funder requirements, open access, repositories, and research impact measures.