Position: Teaching and Learning Librarian
Location: University of Maryland – College Park, MD
The University of Maryland Libraries seeks a creative, knowledgeable, and service-oriented professional for the position of Teaching & Learning Librarian. Reporting to the Head of Teaching and Learning Services, this position will contribute to the expansion of a learner-centered information literacy instruction program by designing, creating, and maintaining sustainable online and blended learning objects such as web-based tutorials, instructional videos, research guides, and websites. The successful candidate will enjoy teaching and engaging with students, partnering with campus services, such as the Teaching and Learning Transformation Center, developing innovative instructional programming, and supporting evidence-based practice through the design and implementation of student-centered assessment. The incumbent will collaborate with colleagues in the Teaching and Learning Services unit to lead information literacy instruction for first year students. As a member of the Research and Learning division, the incumbent will serve as liaison to the assigned academic programs, responsible for engaging with the program, developing subject specific library instruction and providing general and specialized research assistance.
The Learning Services Librarian is responsible for three categories: 1) librarianship, 2) service and 3) scholarship and creativity. Librarianship includes supporting the Libraries information literacy program, liaison assigned academic programs and providing general reference and instructional assistance. Service includes a variety of work for the Libraries, University and profession, typically through service on committees beyond the assigned area of responsibility. Scholarship and creativity may come in several forms, but typically regarding subject specialization as it relates to undergraduate education.
Position: Librarian/CME Coordinator
Location: Prince George’s Hospital Center – Cheverly, MD
The incumbent in this position provides professional quality management of knowledge-based health care information resources and efficient library services to the hospital administrators, physicians, residents, students and employees. Coordinates the overall activities in the area of access to knowledge-based health care information in the hospital as a member of the information management team. Further as the CME
Coordinator, the incumbent works in concert with the Director of Medical Education (DME) and CME Committee to assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of all DHS CME activities.
Position: Library Technician
Location: National Agricultural Library – Beltsville, MD
Department of the Agriculture, requires a full-time Library Technician for a year to handle below mentioned job duties.
a. Review print volumes of USDA series and other publications and documents in order to identify the best copies for scanning and prepare them for digitization. Print volumes may consist of multiple publications bound together and each publication within a bound volume must be reviewed.
b. Format metadata and Excel spreadsheets according to NAL-provided templates. Search
NAL’s Voyager catalog to verify bibliographic information.
c. Review print volumes from NAL collection to determine their digitization status. Check item against its Voyager bibliographic record and enter digitization status information into Excel spreadsheets.
d. Identify items in need of repair within the digitization and pre-digitization workflow. Perform simple repairs including:
i. Tying items with loose or broken covers.
ii. Repairing torn pages with Filmoplast tape.
iii. Replacing broken Velobind or ring bind combs.
iv. Stapling loose documents.
v. Replacing defective call number labels.
e. Conduct quality review of digital items created by Internet Archive to confirm that metadata is complete and accurate and digital images are complete and legible.
Position: CME Coordinator/Medical Librarian
Location: Frederick Regional Health System – Frederick, MD
This position is responsible for assuring that the Continuing Medical Education initiative is supporting high quality, community-based CME for local physicians and health care teams in the Frederick community in an effort to support and improve prevention efforts, provider treatment and care, and accelerate recovery. It assures accreditation of this initiative through the ACCME which designates state medical societies as accreditors of local CME organizations and coordinates the efforts of the Postgraduate Education and Medical Library Committee.
- Providing assistance with finding medical documents including: Clinical trials, medical treatments or procedures, as well as other pertinent medical information. Specializes in using databases and reference materials to conduct research for medical information is also a responsibility.
- Responsible for the development, coordination, implementation, evaluation and revision of programs aimed at orientation and ongoing development of the medical staff.
Position: Supervisory Librarian NF-04
Location: Medal of Honor Memorial Library – Fort Meade, MD
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS.
– Responsible for the full scope of library operations, administration, and management.
– Manages information resource selections, budget, and procurement, personnel, facility, and space allocation for the library.
– Develops short and long-range library plans.
– Responsible for establishing and maintaining the level of reference and research services necessary to meet the information needs of the mission Establishes policies and procedures to ensure effective circulation and inter-library loan services.
– Responsible for collection management including acquisition, organization, maintenance, preservation, and removal of materials for the collection to support the mission.
Performs Supervisory Duties:
– Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
– Evaluates work performance of subordinates.
– Uses any of the following to direct, coordinate, or oversee work: supervisors, team leaders, group coordinators, committee chairs, or comparable personnel; and/or provides similar oversight of contractors.