Position: Librarian (Digital Collections Specialist)
Location: Library of Congress, Washington, DC
Salary: $79,720 to $103,639 / per year
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477534900
These positions are located in the Digital Content Management Section, Digital Collections Management and Services Division, Technology Policy Directorate, Library Services.
Plans and implements assigned digital acquisitions projects using approved project management methodologies. Suggests improvements to workflows for a wide variety of content streams and identifies risks and challenges to implementation. Establishes priorities and time-frames in coordination with management and stakeholders. Independently implements approved plans by scheduling and coordinating work, including determining division of work between specialists and technicians assigned to a project. Tracks project workflow using software tools and schedules activities required to move projects to completion, as appropriate. Reports on project status according to the schedules and mechanisms established for the unit.
Position: Library Technician (OA)
Location: National Defense University, Fort McNair, DC
Salary: $36,281 to $58,428 / per year
Full vacancy announcement available at USAJOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477543000
- Provides physical processing and cataloging for incoming library materials in all formats according to established procedures and policies.
- Creates and maintains records using the Integrated Library System (ILS).
- Provides customer service and helps patrons with library resources by answering directional/ informational questions.
- Performs author-title and subject searches in the integrated library system and the online catalog.
- Performs simple, ready reference and reader assistance service utilizing basic reference tools; directing customers to general subject areas.
- Maintains the order and appearance of library holdings insuring the proper location of holdings to assist in effective patron research