Location: Global Health College, Alexandria, VA
Global Health College (GHC), a rapidly growing and expanding college is in search of a Librarian who is responsible for providing library services to students, faculty and staff. This individual is an energetic innovator, strong communicator and creative thinker who is results-driven.
This self-driven individual must be confident, organized, analytical and a capable problem-solver. They must strive for excellence in their work, and spread happiness each day.
●Responsible for daily operation of library
●Identify, select, obtain, organize and maintain library collections and resources.
●Maintain the physical integrity of the library by doing inventory, de-accessioning and general collections care.
●Catalog all acquisitions using original and established cataloging.
●Provide comprehensive reference and research services in the specialized disciplines of nursing education, nursing specialties and academic integrity.
●Conduct sessions on research and information literacy for students and faculty.
●Provide one on one instruction for students with little to no prior computer experience.
●Administer and proctor online exams
●Research online resources to provide students with a variety of free study materials aimed at different learning styles.
●Collaborate with IT department to maintain and troubleshoot computers and printer equipment.
●Work with students and faculty from diverse backgrounds in a culturally sensitive manner.
To apply, please visit the employment page at www.global.edu.
Position: Library Section Supervisor
Location: City of Falls Church, Falls Church, VA
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
The City of Falls Church is recruiting for an experienced Library Section Supervisor for the Youth Services Section of the Mary Riley Styles Library.
- Plan and organize special programs such as the Summer Reading Program, monthly special programs and guest performances, arts and crafts, informational talks, story hours, school tours, and book talks for Youth Services
- Review, select, and maintain the youth services materials collections
- Evaluate current collections and research and plan for new a emerging materials and formats, plus develop and implement new programs and services
- Coordinate and cooperate with the local schools in the City and develop and work with partnerships in the City’s business and educational communities
- Supervise and evaluate four part time employees and one full-time employee and administer a youth volunteer program
- Prepare the section budget and monitor all expenditures
- Develop youth policies, make procedural and budget decisions within that area’s budget
- Promote youth services in house, to schools, and outside organizations and agencies
- Foster and maintain a close relationship with City and private school librarians and teachers to coordinate curriculum support in the library’s collection of school courses
- Prepare a variety of reports concerning section activities and special reports as necessary for City, region, and State
- Create and design promotional materials such as booklists and brochures for youth and parents
- Attend Youth Services meeting at the local, regional, and Statewide level
- Serve on various City and Council of Government as well as state committees representing the youth and library of Falls Church
- In charge of the building and staff in absence of more senior staff
Salary & Benefits: $63,919+ depending on qualifications. Includes comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, pension plan, deferred compensation plan, flexible spending account, college, life and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, credit union membership, free parking, and more.