Position: Chief Archivist and Librarian
Location: Glenstone Foundation, Potomac, MD
Full vacancy announcement available on ALA Joblist.
Reporting to the Museum Director and Founder, and the Chief Administrative Officer, the Chief Archivist and Librarian will serve as part of a dynamic team in directing, managing and preserving Glenstone’s archival assets and growing library. The Chief Archivist and Librarian will work in collaboration with the entire Glenstone team to protect and ensure long-term access to the institutional records.
Desired Attributes & Characteristics
The ideal candidate will possess leadership skills, flexibility, and excellent communication skills, to develop institutional and departmental policies and standards, and be personally and professionally motivated by collaborating with Glenstone associates. Desired characteristics also include a strong work ethic, as well as an attention to detail, and focus on deadlines. In addition, we are looking for someone that can embrace Glenstone’s core value of “continuous improvement” through an interest in professional development to advance their knowledge and expertise to surpass our previous best efforts.
· Formulate and administer an institution-wide records management program to encompass both physical and digital records
· Direct the establishment, implementation, and regular evaluation of policies regarding the accessioning, processing, and preservation of archival content in accordance with best professional practices
· Create and implement policies, procedures, and workflows as they pertain to cataloging archival and library assets in collection management system, CollectiveAccess
· Oversee the transfer of analogue and born-digital records into the Glenstone archives collections, including architectural records, construction records, oral histories in digital video and audio formats
· Conduct outreach activities to Glenstone staff through orientations, trainings, and tours
· Direct collection development activities for both Library and Archives
· Oversee the department budget, and conduct monthly statistics, metrics and related reporting activities
Required Skills & Experience
· ALA-accredited master’s degree in Library and Information Science with a concentration in Archives and Records Management, digital curation, or related discipline
· Strong interpersonal and proactive ability to advocate archival policies, ensure compliance with best practices, and liaise with diverse stakeholders
· Demonstrated experience writing, implementing, and assessing policies and workflows concerning the management of physical and digital collections
· Familiarity with professional metadata schema and content standards concerning the management of archival collections and digital assets, such as DACS, Dublin Core, PBCore, VRA Core, EXIF, IPTC, XMP, and PREMIS
· Knowledge of modern art and architecture and/or background in museum archives
· Experience with CollectiveAccess, or similar collections management system, for the management of archival collections and digital assets
· Experience processing and cataloging specialized formats, including architectural records, audiovisual tapes, and ephemera
· Knowledge of professional video production and photography practices
· Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Adobe Premiere, Adobe Bridge, and Adobe Photoshop
· Certified Archivist or DAS certified through SAA
Salary & Benefits
Associates are crucial to achieving Glenstone’s mission and we offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We also provide a total benefits package that helps you manage your health, protect your income, and prepare for your future. To promote collaboration and show appreciation to associates, Glenstone provides a weekly staff lunch, on-site health and wellness classes and volunteer opportunities.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; life, long-term and short-term disability and AD&D insurance, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA); a 401(k) retirement account with a matching contribution; an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); and tuition reimbursement.
Please submit an application on the website: https://goo.gl/H2RI0c
Position: Senior Due Diligence Analyst
Location: Ascendant Program Services, LLC, Arlington VA
Full vacancy announcement available on AALL Career Center.
Ascendant Program Services, LLC is currently recruiting qualified candidates for two full-time Senior Due Diligence (DD) Analyst positions linked to a contract that we hold with the U.S. Trade & Development Agency. This position is based in Arlington, VA and is metro accessible.
- Independently lead and manage secondary source research / due diligence projects
- Prepare /review due diligence reports and provide quality assurance / guidance to other analysts
- Investigate and review adverse media pertaining to financial crimes, AML issues, bribery/corruption, OFAC sanctions issues, etc.
- Assess materiality of findings based on a strong understanding of U.S. regulatory framework and potential reputational risk
- Perform in-depth analysis of foreign entities and U.S. companies and their beneficial owners, including enhanced due diligence, synthesize findings and report to client for effective assessment of viability and risk
- Draft clear and concise written summaries of investigative findings
- Participate in various due diligence projects to support and meet client requests and work closely with their Office of General Counsel on matters pertaining to due diligence, investigative findings, and matters requiring escalation
- Present investigative findings to client program staff, their Office of General Counsel, and senior management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Ideal candidates will have education backgrounds and interests in library and information sciences, pre-law and legal studies, international relations, political science, security studies, and other related fields of study. Master’s degree in one of the foregoing fields is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience in a similar capacity with proven team management experience
- 2+ years of prior experience providing due diligence training and quality control reviews of work products
- Specific experience managing complex investigations or reviews within a financial institution, law firm, insurance company, or governmental entity
- Experience required in researching and summarizing investigative reporting for presentation to senior management
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Strong internet research skills, including ability to conduct sophisticated research using numerous open resources as well as familiarity with online research tools such as Lexis Advance, Sam.gov, are required
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of complex organizational and corporate structures including ownership percentage, subsidiary breakdown, and merger activity is required
- Strong knowledge of regulatory framework related to AML/Sanctions/Anti-Bribery in the foreign assistance context is required
- Strong investigative and analytical skills are required
- Superior written communication skills, including drafting reports, are required
- Ability to present complex issues, findings, and recommendations in a succinct, simple, and straightforward manner (written or orally) to target audiences is required
- Ability to effectively summarize critical information from multiple resources into a concise analysis for client decision making purposes is required
- Ability to effectively communicate problems that may arise during due diligence research is required
- Must be detail-oriented
- Proficiency in reviewing and analyzing public company filings is a plus
- Fluency/proficiency in at least one foreign language (written and reading) is a plus
- Candidates must be able to obtain a Secret level security clearance with the U.S. Government
- Team player willing to accept challenges large and small and meet them under time pressure
- Use utmost discretion when handling sensitive and confidential material
- Works effectively and collaboratively with multiple departments (Regional Teams, Office of General Counsel, senior management) to achieve desired objectives
- Demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility, proactive attitude, and self-motivation
- Comfortable asking hard questions and working under pressure
- Ability to balance numerous priorities, operate independently to complete tasks, and meet time-sensitive deadlines effectively
- High degree of organization and excellent time management skills
- Hands-on and international mindset